Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about diuretics

sdupdike

Ok, this was mentioned in Ischia's journal, but I thought I'd ask the question in a new thread. When should you start your diuretics when you're trying to drop water for a competition? When you're drinking a lot of water, or when you start dropping your water? I'm not sure how the process works.

It depends there are a few ways to do it. What will you be taking, which diuretic? How uch tie do you have until your show?

Well, I just did a show last weekend. Doing another in 7 weeks. I used Taraxatone. I drank extra water up until Wednesday and started tapering down. Started Taraxatone on Thursday. I'm not sure I did the whole thing correctly. My final week stuff needs tweaking.

sdupdike said:
Well, I just did a show last weekend. Doing another in 7 weeks. I used Taraxatone. I drank extra water up until Wednesday and started tapering down. Started Taraxatone on Thursday. I'm not sure I did the whole thing correctly. My final week stuff needs tweaking.

What did you last week look like? Did you work with a trainer? How did you know to go about it the way you did?

Sorry if I sound like I' asking a illion questions :) Just trying to figure out what you did and how it worked for you? What do you think you need to work on in that last week?

I had a trainer, but she didn't really give me as much help on my diet as I expected. I did a lot of my own research. I put together a plan for my final week, and she said "Looks good". Here's what I did:

I had been carb cycling, S,M,T,Th,Fri - very low carb, around 1250 cals, W & Sat, mod carb, around 1450 cals.

final week:
Sun - Tues, carb deplete. Extra sodium & water (2 gals).
Wed, start carb up, cut sodium, water 1 gal
Thurs, start Taraxatone, 1/2 gal water
Fri, 1/4 gal water
Sat, sip water, day of show

I feel like I looked better Friday morning, more ab definition, so I think I may have spilled over, too many carbs too soon? I did 3 full days of carb up & no sodium.

I started my diuretic once I started to taper my water down and after I started carbing up. Not sure if I did this right.

This time, I have no trainer. I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong, and what I should do differently next time.

I appreciate any help you can give me. I need to come in harder and more defined next time.

Every time I've used tarax I've followed the schedule on the bottle - its a 10 day cycle. You can do a 5 day cycle on Expel.

Also if you are concerned about not being dry enough, you can start your water deplete earlier. I started on Sunday - my total water was my body weight, i.e. 140 lb = 140 oz water. Then on each day drop the amount by 20%, no more after 3 pm Friday and sip as needed thru the night show on Sat. Kept 8 oz of distilled water available for taking any supps.

Top Bottom