Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pinned myself under the bar

Ask for a spot, it's not worth the risk. You can really injure yourself bad. A power rack is your best bet.

Hmm, if you go to absolute failure don't you need a spot regardless of how heavy it is? Since you can't lift it at all when you're done (failure)?

well thats the thing, i didnt expect it to be absolute failure. 165 went up pretty easy 5x5. I didnt expect 175 to be such a bitch. I think i've finally convinced one of my friends to start coming with me to the gym so I'll have someone to spot me.

it's recommended that you only go up by 5 punds for 5x5.
my gym doesnt have 2.5 lb weights unfortunately.

Backlash said:
Hmm, if you go to absolute failure don't you need a spot regardless of how heavy it is? Since you can't lift it at all when you're done (failure)?

Only on incline presses or overhead presses.

i get pinned once a week and i lift alone. you'll learn it's no big deal. getting pinned under boards is a little different but you can get out from under them also

I would get pinned a lot if not for my catch pins. I went to failure about 4 times last time I did presses/incline presses.

Top Bottom