Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

phosphatidyl serine

clar

Im trying to cut for a contest in 6 weeks and it seems like I have hit a plateau. I think my cortisol levels are elevated so i was thinking of taking phosphatidlyl serine. What do you guys think of this? I am on winstrol 10 mg. that I just started and I know that helps with keeping you anabolic. My trainer has me doing 2 hrs of interval stairmill training a day on top of working out. And low carbs, which I insisted on because I am allergic to almost every carb out there and it causes inflammation. Wouldn't matter so much on a daily basis but when Im trying to lose the carbs make me look swollen. What is strange is that I have more energy on this diet than a higher carb diet. Anyway, do you think this will help combat the effects of possibly overtraining. I trust my trainer and do everything she says. But I do know my body is tired and its holding on to fat. We have tried to jump start it too with more calories and it backfired on us.
Thanks so much!

Glutamine is also meant to help with cortisol.

Have you tried taking a few days off training and cardio?

We tried having a cheat meal to boost leptin levels but it just seems like im holding on to fat in the lower stomach. My trainer wont let me take days off the only day i get off is sunday and thats if I have done all my cardio for the week. I take glutamine 5x a day too. Im starting to stress about it which I know that doesn't help. I would appreciate any suggestions...

So you are doing 2 hours of cardio in addition to your weight training EVERY DAY? .... and you are 6 weeks out?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Glutamine is also meant to help with cortisol.

Have you tried taking a few days off training and cardio?

if you think it b/c of cortisol..vitamin C is supposed to help too. In my opinion, Vitamin C is the most cost effective cortisol reducing supplement by far. Research indicates that when consumed in dosages of 1 gram (1000mg), 3 times a day, cortisol levels are reduced. Therefore, I take it at my three main meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner,

also dont't overdue cardio as some of the ladie on this board have advised me before. i'm sure you've seen people do hours and hours of cardio per day with little to no results( Tat had a nice artical about this somewhere). These people find that anything they eat seems to turn into fat. The reason for this is because too much cardiovascular or aerobic exercise increases cortisol levels and as you know by now, cortisol loves to eat muscle and deposit body fat.

anyways thats all i can think of why your cortisol levels might be high....

but the problem is the time crunch i suppose, only 6 weeks..

Im trying to cut for a contest in 6 weeks and it seems like I have hit a plateau. I think my cortisol levels are elevated so i was thinking of taking phosphatidlyl serine. What do you guys think of this? I am on winstrol 10 mg. that I just started and I know that helps with keeping you anabolic. My trainer has me doing 2 hrs of interval stairmill training a day on top of working out. And low carbs, which I insisted on because I am allergic to almost every carb out there and it causes inflammation. Wouldn't matter so much on a daily basis but when Im trying to lose the carbs make me look swollen. What is strange is that I have more energy on this diet than a higher carb diet. Anyway, do you think this will help combat the effects of possibly overtraining. I trust my trainer and do everything she says. But I do know my body is tired and its holding on to fat. We have tried to jump start it too with more calories and it backfired on us.
Thanks so much!

What are you competing in? how much bf% do you currently have and how much do you need to be?

I don't know much about phosphatidlyl serine, but if you are in overtraining mode at 6 weeks out it is either 1/ you will not get to your target at competition or 2/rest for a couple of days.

I know your trainer if focused at having your best, but one or two days rest at this point won't harm you. But if you continue at that rythm you will loose muscle and retain water.

What is your diet like at this point? You can try carb cycling.

For lowering cortisol levels you can try BCCAs or Liquid Carnitine.

By the way there is still time to revamp your weak points for your competition.

We tried having a cheat meal to boost leptin levels but it just seems like im holding on to fat in the lower stomach. My trainer wont let me take days off the only day i get off is sunday and thats if I have done all my cardio for the week. I take glutamine 5x a day too. Im starting to stress about it which I know that doesn't help. I would appreciate any suggestions...

Wow!

what are you competing in? How much bf% do you currently have and how much do you need to be?

I don't know much about phosphatidlyl serine, but if you are in overtraining mode at 6 weeks out it is either 1/ you will not get to your target at competition or 2/rest for a couple of days.

I know your trainer if focused at having your best, but one or two days rest at this point won't harm you. But if you continue at that rythm you will loose muscle and retain water.

What is your diet like at this point? You can try carb cycling.

For lowering cortisol levels you can try bccas or liquid carnitine.

By the way there is still time to revamp your weak points for your competition.

+1

Thanks everyone for your comments...Yes I do cardio 6X60 min am and 6x60 min pm. It just went up to that. It has progressed over the weeks. I am now 5 weeks out. I train 6 days a week each body part 2x. I do feel overwhelmed, but i don't argue because I have seen the girls my trainer has gotten ready in the past and I trust her. This is for a figure competition.
My diet changed this week to a carb roll of 0-0-50-25. Protein is around 200 grams. Hardly any fat besides my omega 3 and tilapia. My body is very carb sensitive. That is why the carbs are so low. And I am allergic to rice potatoes all I have on my carb days are gluten free oats and veggies. Before I started training with her I was always on low carb and very lean. Then she wanted me to eat tons of carbs and gain muscle so along with that came fat. She says I have the perfect X frame I just am holding on the that last bit of fat around the midsection. I have noticed since figured out my allergies and went to 0 days my stomach and really went down. I am at about 18% right now. But I have a lot of muscle and you can see the definition there. I will be starting nolvadex soon so i think that will help too. And I have been on winstrol a week so that is helping with keeping the muscle while dieting. I take vitamin C 2x a day so i think i will bump it up to 3...and I do take lots of glutamine and bcaa's.
I don't know if I have high cortisol I just thought maybe since I don't know what else it could be.

Top Bottom