Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Perception of fitness

miss 24 don't let your friend drag you down.. she is just jealous and doesn't know how to deal with the situation right now... it is sad but true that female friends are in constant competition with one another so that is the nature of the beast... give her some time and I am sure she will appoligize if she is a good friend.. if not fuck her..

I used to get a lot of flack.. but I think women are scared of me now so they dont bring up the topic.. I think people around me have learned that if you bring it up your going to get your ear talked off about the american obesity problem etc...

my real friends actually ask me for advice.. and this feels great.. last sunday I went to a bbq and the ladies all surrounded me in the kitchen and where asking me about proper eating habits... this was so exciting for me.. because when I told them they were eating enough they actually listened to me... I left there thinking I may be prosuing the wrong career... From this night I have decided to take some other classes next semester and see how it feels....

Sassy69 said:
Based on all the misinformation out there, people think they understand nutrition, but how many of those same people complain about "i'm too fat" "not enough energy" "I'm sick", etc etc etc. Somehow no one criticizes them for all their party binge drinking, McDonald'ing, etc etc. I used to constantly get into arguments w/ my mom on this because the whole thing is just so counter-intuitive. Now I just don't talk about it. I surround myself w/ people who also compete and I don't bother mentioning things to anyone else unless they ask. I also throw in a comment about how a friend of mine in FL would've had his neck & spine snapped in a car accident had it not been for his muscle mass. I actually know another girl who got out of a body cast after an accident much more quickly due to her health & muscle mass. Further, I dont' plan on sitting in my electric wheelchair at age 60 toolign around the nursing home, so again, muscle mass. Women have hauled around 50+ lb sacks & baskets of stuff plus kids and everything else the old man won't carry for thousands of yrs. Are we not strong, vibrant people? If you want to be a tub of lard, be my guest. I dont comment on your lifestyle so dont' worry about mine.

BTW, just like Miss24K, I lost a few very close friends during my first days in competition because they didn't get it, got tired of hearing about it or just weren't good enough friends to take an interest in things that are important to me. See ya. I generally jettison people around me who do not contribute in a positive or constructive manner to my life.

YES!

I'm fortunate in that my husband has been totally supportive - both of me going to the gym every day and my competition aspirations.

My friends.... ehhh, not so much. In fact, my best friend got really upset at me today when I told her for the 4th time that her "all fruit" wacko, fad diet was only hurting her. The chick lost 90 lbs on a balanced diet from Quick Weight Loss centers. You think she'd have figured out that it was the way to go. But noooooo, she's "too tired of chicken" to keep doing what worked. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom