Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Perception of fitness

I am with all you ladies on this sore subject. I can remember when I would get nothing but looks and questions when eating my tuna straight from the can. I always held my own and soon became amazingly defensive about my food and gym time. Now, I just avoid situations where my lifestyle might get made fun of or talked about. My thought on all of this is .........

Why is it okay to go up to someone that is smoking and say.."You know that's going to kill you right?
BUT
it's not okay to go up to some fata$$ eating a big mac and say the same??????

Shouldn't they know how bad since unlike cigarette packs it doesn't come with a warning??? LOL

;)

It's funny that this thread is here. Hubby & I went to a friend's BBQ yesterday and the women there were hefty. Not 400lbs or anything, but pretty chubby. One woman was telling me she has a friend who's a personal trainer, etc, etc who wants to train her. And she was lamenting that she's no longer 110lbs but doesn't want to give up drinking & eating 3 plates of food regularly....Said she wasn't going to bother going to see her friend, etc....I told her I could tell her what to do for free -- she said Nah! I'd rather eat & drink.......I just looked at her.....

jenscats5 said:
It's funny that this thread is here. Hubby & I went to a friend's BBQ yesterday and the women there were hefty. Not 400lbs or anything, but pretty chubby. One woman was telling me she has a friend who's a personal trainer, etc, etc who wants to train her. And she was lamenting that she's no longer 110lbs but doesn't want to give up drinking & eating 3 plates of food regularly....Said she wasn't going to bother going to see her friend, etc....I told her I could tell her what to do for free -- she said Nah! I'd rather eat & drink.......I just looked at her.....
"I'd rather NOT give up my social life..."

"If no one has told you, I'd be happy to be the first...You're way too fanatical about your training..." from a 'trainer' no less

"I refuse to give up drinking..."

"Why bother asking you to come out when you never show..."

"Once in a while I just want to have a Big Mac or Whopper..."

:rolleyes:

I gotta tell ya miss24k, my best friend was a TOTAL BITCH. I was training to go to the airforce. So I was up befor school, running 3 miles, then wieght training, then school, the volleyball practice or game, running another 3 miles, and doing push-ups and sit ups befor I went to bed. I lost 35lbs in like, 3 months. She gained, like 35 lbs, in the same 3 months. Her and her mom would be sitting on the couch eating ice cream and lasagna and whatever else they could shove in their mouths, while I was on the floor doing push ups and sweating my ass off, and they'd be like "oh frankie, do you want some celery, or maybe some lettuce and water?" They were just jealous, and that's exactly the problem of your friend, I CAN Guaratee IT!!!!

Lol! Glad that I'm not the only one catching flak...not that any of us should be! Just wondered if I was with some abnormally close minded people. Good to know that they are everywhere. That'll help me keep my mouth shut to those who aren't into fitness.
KC

I don't judge anyone on their personal choices in lifestyle unless they somehow impact me (for ex, the fat fucker I used to work for who smoked endlessly in the office... my air too buddy...) or complain about something that is a result of their lifestyle but just can't seem to make the connection to do something about it (e.g. "I feel fat", while chowing on a Taco Bell Fiesta Feeding Frenzie).

If they are happy w/ their state of being - fine! Good for them! But in turn, don't judge me for mine!

I was looking at pictures of fitness/figure competitions online last week and a coworker was telling me that she thought the women looked gross. Here I am feeling gross even though to them I'm great-- but those women are what I'd rather be.

I know that coming into this sort of lifestyle I was a complete moron about what I should be doing. I wasn't eating enough, not enough of the right stuff-- now I am and it's irritating when people lecture me on how I'm not eating healthy. I guess lean proteins and veggies with plenty of good fats and some whole grains aren't healthy then. lol

They push baked goods on me like they're pushing crack. Sometimes I think people would rather see someone fail who's doing well with a healthy lifestyle to make them feel less guilty for not being able to make themselves stick to something.

For the friends I have who compete, I love going to their shows. I check in on them all the time (even when they're crabby towards the end). I don't think people understand the amoung of work and will power it takes to compete. I respect the hell out of anyone who does it. :)

The Shadow said:
My advice......

tell the haters and wannabes to STFU

Or ask them if they think they'd look hotter in a 2 piece than a fitness/bb girl.

Then we'll see who's "gross". lol

Top Bottom