Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Perception of fitness

Rocketgrrl

Hey ladies...has anyone had negative feedback from those who know you work out? It seems like I can't tell anyone unless I downplay what my fitness goals are. It's ok if I'm just trying to get slim, but if I mention wanting to get muscular I get all kinds of negative reactions. It's frustrating!!! I never realized how many men and women think muscular women (monica brant, etc) are unattractive. :worried:
KC

No one really gets it around here either....Hubby is afraid I will be huge nad my friends all think I am crazy....so I just dream it in my head so I don't have to hear their crap lol

hmm i don't talk about it.. no point.. alot of my friends dont share my goals fitness wise and don't really share my interest in it so no point

^^
Same with me. Even my cardio routine, when I do it (20 min - 3x a week), gets critcized (that's not enough!!!). The last time I tried to explain the X10-X12 of bodyweight to figure out calories - I thought my co-worker was going to rush me to an anorexic clinic (how do you survive on such little food?).

I stopped talking about it and just discuss it with the ladies on this and other boards.

Yeah, I don't talk about it too much. I get a lot of flak for not drinking as much. I now limit my alcohol consumption to about 2 drinks the same night as my cheat meal, and I have to say I feel a ton better, so I don't really care what others think. I also just tell people I'm busy with work or make up some other excuse when really I work out with a trainer at the gym three times a week. I just don't feel like dealing with everyone's opinions about what I should and shouldn't be doing.

Same as CC. They just don't get it, and don't want to at least understand so I don't really talk about it.

Let me share with you all what happened with my supposed to be best friend just before my competition. She calls me and asks me what I had planned for May 14th (day of competition) wanted to know if we could hang out, shop go to eat. I had already mentionned previously when my competition was.

Anyway I said well I can't go shopping because I have my competition remember, she was like no, oh that's too bad I really wanted to go shopping, are you sure you can't come :worried: I said oh no I can't I'll be competing all day. She said oh well maybe another time I'll let you know when I'm free.

WTF, I'm actually still pretty upset about this. She wasn't going to be doing a damn thing on the 14th, why in the hell did she not come to f*ckin' see me. No matter what she ever decides to do I would be there for her in a second, if it were the another way around i would have went to see her, even if I wasn't into it, just because she's my friend, and i want her to know I would support her in anything she decided to do.

Sorry for rambling :)

Last edited:
Miss24k said:
Same as CC. They just don't get it, and don't want to at least understand so I don't really talk about it.

Let me share with you all what happened with my supposed to be best friend just before my competition. She calls me and asks me what I had planned for May 14th (day of competition) wanted to know if we could hang out, shop go to eat. I had already mentionned previously when my competition was.

Anyway I said well I can't go shopping becuae I have my competition remeber, she was like no, oh that's too bad I really wanted to go shopping, are you sure you can't come :worried: I said oh no I can't I'll be competing all day. She said oh well maybe another time I'll let you know when I'm free.

WTF, I'm actually still pretty upset about this. She wasn't going to be doing a damn thing on the 14th, why in the hell did she not come to f*ckin' see me. No matter what she ever decides to do I would be there for her in a second, if it were the another way around i would have went to see her, even if I wasn't into it, just because she's my friend, and i want her to know I would support her in anything she decided to do.

Sorry for rambling :)

Awww, that sucks Miss 24k! People just don't get HOW MUCH work it is to get into competition mode and what it takes to be up there on stage. But I totally understand why you'd be upset.

24k -- that's SUCH a shame!! Unbelievable!! :rolleyes:

When I was working, my "supposed" friends all of a sudden stopped inviting me to go out to lunch with them. They finally told me it was because I ate "weird things" and "gross things." Another woman asked me how I could eat so much & be so thin. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{sigh}}}}}}}}}}} I gave up.........

That's why I love EF so much -- I FINALLY get to talk with women who share my interests....

Based on all the misinformation out there, people think they understand nutrition, but how many of those same people complain about "i'm too fat" "not enough energy" "I'm sick", etc etc etc. Somehow no one criticizes them for all their party binge drinking, McDonald'ing, etc etc. I used to constantly get into arguments w/ my mom on this because the whole thing is just so counter-intuitive. Now I just don't talk about it. I surround myself w/ people who also compete and I don't bother mentioning things to anyone else unless they ask. I also throw in a comment about how a friend of mine in FL would've had his neck & spine snapped in a car accident had it not been for his muscle mass. I actually know another girl who got out of a body cast after an accident much more quickly due to her health & muscle mass. Further, I dont' plan on sitting in my electric wheelchair at age 60 toolign around the nursing home, so again, muscle mass. Women have hauled around 50+ lb sacks & baskets of stuff plus kids and everything else the old man won't carry for thousands of yrs. Are we not strong, vibrant people? If you want to be a tub of lard, be my guest. I dont comment on your lifestyle so dont' worry about mine.

BTW, just like Miss24K, I lost a few very close friends during my first days in competition because they didn't get it, got tired of hearing about it or just weren't good enough friends to take an interest in things that are important to me. See ya. I generally jettison people around me who do not contribute in a positive or constructive manner to my life.

Sassy69 said:
I generally jettison people around me who do not contribute in a positive or constructive manner to my life.

I'm the same way, I hope she ain't wondering why she hasn't heard from me. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom