Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

People who gain weight easily...

jd_uk

Are they destined to be fat later in life/the moment life gets more stressful (kids etc)?

You know, the kind of people who bust their ass in the gym 4-5 times a week, eat a clean low carbs/high Protein and still have a higher bf % than 'the lucky ones'.

I'm thinking yes. Why is it that some people find it so much easier than others? I'm naturally skinny - I couldn't be 250lbs if I ate fast food for every meal but the moment I don't lift weights I lose weight straight away. Do we all have a set weight whih our body tries to achieve?

i tend to believe that the body is very habitual. if you spend a lot of time overweight, your body will tend to consider that your normal weight. in my experience if you lower your bf% and make sure you dont yoyo back to where you were rather quickly, your body will become acustomed to its new center point. i cant comment on the vice versa, i've never been in that position, but i imagine it may be simular.

also im not basing that statement on any study, just personal experience.

I've nothing to back this up, but I have always been sceptical of the genetics discussion as regards weight gain. I think knowledge has a huge amount to do with it. When you know what foods are low in GI, able to count your calories, and know about interval training, then you're armed with the ability to keep weight down. But, start believing that fruit juice, potatoes, sugar cereals, and big helpings of steak are okay as they're healthy - I'm afraid you'll gain weight even though your food isn't so bad.

Top Bottom