Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One Muscle a day?

BlackHanzo

is it better to work on one muscle a day? heres what ive been doing
monday chest, tuesday shoulders, wednesday arms, thursday back, friday light fill in weights, rest saturday and sunday but doing abs everyday and legs after my morning cardio workouts, what do you think?

is it better to work on one muscle a day? heres what ive been doing
monday chest, tuesday shoulders, wednesday arms, thursday back, friday light fill in weights, rest saturday and sunday but doing abs everyday and legs after my morning cardio workouts, what do you think?

A few things:

-Doing an 'arms' workout does not mean working out "one muscle", there are two main muscles in your arms: your biceps and triceps (not to mention your forearms which will also get worked). Ditto for your back day, your back is made up of several muscles, not just one.

-You need a dedicated legs day.

-It's a fairly poor routine really, you're training chest, shoulders and triceps on consecutive days, but do you not realise that your shoulders and triceps get worked very hard from chest exercises? And your triceps will also get worked very hard from shoulder exercises? So in effect you're working out your triceps three days in a row, and your shoulders two days in a row. This is severely limiting their ability to recover and grow.

-Finally, what on earth are"light fill in weights"?

Personally I think unless you're a very experienced bodybuilder there is absolutely no point in having an 'arms' day in your routine, seeing as your arms get hit so hard in nearly all other upper body exercises. Hammer your biceps with your back/pulling exercises, obliterate your triceps with your chest/pushing exercises, and then finish off with a few sets of isolation afterwards in each case if you feel the need.

im not a bodybuilder, im a sportsman, rugby player but yeah thanks for the advice, so what do u suggest i do? leave friday saturday sunday for rest? monday chest, tuesday legs, wednesday legs, thursday arms and back?...

If you're a rugby player then that's even more of a reason to not have a dedicated arms day. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to comment on a weights routine for a rugby player, but anyone I know who plays rugby (and I have friends who play for Leinster and Ireland) bases their lifting around squatting, deadlifting and OHPing, plus Cleans and various other olympic stuff to develop explosive power. Not much else.

im not a bodybuilder, im a sportsman, rugby player but yeah thanks for the advice, so what do u suggest i do? leave friday saturday sunday for rest? monday chest, tuesday legs, wednesday legs, thursday arms and back?...

Did you mean to put legs two days in a row? Idk if you did, but anyways don't do that lol. IMO i'd do chest/triceps, back/biceps, legs/shoulder? M,W,F? idk no expert i don't lift like this at all.

Also I'd break up abs to every other day, just like other muscles they too need a rest.

Did you mean to put legs two days in a row? Idk if you did, but anyways don't do that lol. IMO i'd do chest/triceps, back/biceps, legs/shoulder? M,W,F? idk no expert i don't lift like this at all.

Also I'd break up abs to every other day, just like other muscles they too need a rest.

okay and you would do that monday tuesday wednesday then abs on thursday and friday rest saturday sunday?

the rugby players training @ my gym usually cycle their lifts around- power cleans, push-press, GMs, squats & deadlifts. Being strong & explosive is more important than being bodybuilder big in rugby...so you really dont need to isolate a muscle group a day imo.

I agree with msbeverlyhills. I would also hit abs/core twice a week at the most with 6-9 sets of weighted/low rep exercises in the 8-20 rep range such as weighted decline situps, hanging leg raises, needsize abs, pulldown abs, ab wheel, weighted side bends and weighted hypers.

I have found one body part a day seems to give you some of the best growth you can achieve. Yes other muscle groups do get secondary workouts with one muscle group at a time but you will get maximum recovery between workouts. My workouts are like this
Monday Shoulders and abs
Tuesday Back and Calves
Wednesday Chest anb abst
Thursday rest
Friday Legs including calves
Saturday Arms
Sunday Rest

Sets are 8 to 15 reps for each group with 24 sets per muscle group and 1 minute rest between sets.

This is very effective

because my games are on sundays my monday is gona have to be recovery so ill do my run in the morning and abs, tuesday - Legs and abs, Wednesday - Chest and Triceps, thursday Shoulders and biceps, friday - back, i run every morning as soon as i wake up aswell, do u think this is a good routine? saturday rest and sunday game

Top Bottom