Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Noob = Getting Started!

Thanks guys for the feedback. FYI, its not like I just looked at myself in the mirror and decided to get off the couch. My fitness is very relative which I am sure all of you guys are very fit.

I was a ranked collegiate athlete getting recruited to the Navy. Luckily, I injured my ankle my senior year and as result, did not go forward with the Navy and had to eventually quit my sport. If I didn't have that injury, I would probably be dead by now. After years of struggling to create passion with my fitness, I eventually found triathlons. Joined a team, did quite well. Won the Lavaman Triathlon in Hawaii and finally broke 1hr 50mins for a International Tri.

Since, I am ADHD, I have been taking Adderall throughout my life. Long distance racing, and ADHD, plus Adderall does not mix and as a result, my body completely crashed. I was experiencing random sensory "zaps," almost like shocks throughout my body. While cycling and when my heart rate reached Zone 5, tunnel vision started and it seemed like I was going to pass out and there was this flashing pulse in my peripheral vision. Coupled with all of that at the same time, I wanted to throw up after runs and my endurance was non-existant. In other words, I could not push without feeling completely depleted.

After series of testing, it was determined Adderall was masking my fatigue and Triathlons was giving my a double dose of endorphins on top of my prescribed amount from Adderall. Triathlons had to completely come to an end, got off of Adderall and fatherhood started. As a result and 5 years later, I gained 50lbs!!!!!! Huge rebound effect!

As of today, I had lost 30lbs and getting back into "the old" me. I would like to lose another 20lbs, so I can start training again, but, I am worried about injury. That extra weight on my frame takes toll on my joints, ligaments, and muscles. My diet is moderated quite well, however, I am flatting out at 200lbs. I am trying to switch up my heart rate in order to carve into the 20lbs, but, its not working.

This is why I am on this site. From the outside, I am sure you are thinking, diet and start moving! I would respond the same way. But, its all relative and I am quite knowledgable about my limits and very cautious hitting my "crash."

I just need to understand my options to breakthrough that 20lbs wall without injury, fatigue, and frustration.

Thanks guys for spending time reading this....

You can break thru that wall, i highly recommend that tou train with light weights and hi repts to get your joints and tendons used to lifting ,remember you're competeing with yourself, its a marathon not a sprint.

And read this

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...-build-muscle-loose-fat-then-read-712503.html

I'm always happy to help and just a pm away.

Top Bottom