Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NEWBIE ALERT! Lindarose' Fitness Journal!

Lindarose

NEWBIE ALERT! Lindarose's Fitness Journal!

Hey y'all. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm Linda. I'm 22 years old. I'm in grad school right now and with school consuming my entire life, I decided to get into fitness and building just for fun to see how far I could push myself. I've been a lurker for quite some time now and I figure I should put myself out there as motivation to keep on point. You ladies (and men :) ) have been a huge inspiration to me, so I'm hoping I can have you guys to talk to about going through this whole thing since I'm going at it all by my lonesome. Anyway, I've started a fitness journal/log on my blogger site and I've provided a link below. I've got a couple of pictures up already but I'm waiting to get a hold of an actual camera so until then I can't really do all of the really good shots.

So my stats are:
weight: 122 (down from a 160 only 1 year ago! :))
height: 5'7"
bodyfat %: not sure how to go about getting that tested but my bmi is a 19.1.

My Goal is to really build muscle mass. Essentially, I'd like to bulk up but still maintain a lean frame. I definitely DON'T want to lose weight since I already think I'm a little low. I'm a little afraid, but I think I'm pushing to maybe enter a competition in maybe 6 months. I figure, if I have that goal in mind, I'll push myself harder.

I'm still searching as to what the perfect training and cardio schedule is. Right now, I work out six days a week usually with a Sunday off and I esentially do 30 minutes of cardio everyday with maybe half an hour to 45 minutes of weight machine exercises everyday as well. I don't want to burn out so I'll definitely need to make some adjustments.

My current meal plan is located on my blog. I'm thinking I may follow that everyday with a cheat day once a week and a little variation on the weekend. I consumed less than 1000 calories yesterday which I'm a little worried about especially since I didn't do that purposely. I'm pretty sure it was my lack of breakfast that was the reason for that. I'll work on that but it's hard as a student.

As for medical concerns, I have none so I'm ready and pumped to do this!

Any and all feedback is welcomed! I want to do this right so I'd like to get help anywhere I can get it. Thanks guys!

Lindarose's Fitness Log!

Last edited:
Welcome to EF! Says your blog is temp unavailable but way to go on the weight loss so far.

38 lbs is great. I'll wait to comment until I can see the details from your blog but wanted to say hi. :wavey:

Hey Bunny,

Thanks! That's weird about the blog cuz I just clicked it and it went through just fine. hmmm. Anyone else having a problem? If so let me know so I can see what's what and try to fix it. Thanks again for the welcome :)

Works now :) I would never hit 1000 cals EVER. Carry food with you like almonds, walnuts, if you like the pouches of tuna, apple, something to munch on.

You have made great progress so far and it's all about learning. Did you read the sticky's at the top of the forum? I'm pretty sure it touches on body fat measurements & getting caliper'd... sometimes they offer this free or for a charge at your gym.

From first looks you may not being eating enough for all the activity you are doing. At least 1 gr of protein per lb of bodyweight and try to avoid processed foods. Take a day, like sunday or an off off day where you set aside an hour or two to cook foods for the week & prepare you meals. If you are on the go and NEED a quick meal it's OK to have a meal replacement or protein bar, but do so sparingly.

Although you will hear 'cals in vs cals out' , burn more than you eat, etc = weight loss... you have to be very careful b/c at some point (and no one can tell you the exact point this will happen, you need to test it out for yourself) your body will flip the switch to hibernation mode when it's not getting enough food or you are training too much for your food intake. It will begin to store the foods it needs away (like fat & water) b/c it thinks it is starving, and munch of what's there (i.e. muscle looks good).

No skipping Breakfast!

You need protein in all of your meals, I only see it in your last two meals of the day.
Dont be shy with the green veggies...

All I got for now...didnt want to leave you hanging.

hi!

I think you look great in your pics!

good luck with your training!

and good for you for posting a log... i keep thinking if i started one it would make me more motivated to stick to it..

I'm still too embarassed to post up my fatty pics :)

bunny thanks for the feedback! i will definitely heed your advice. i'm really excited about this so i'm thrilled to get all the info possible. i've skimmed the stickies so far but i am about to go back and read them in depth. i've really been looking for things to snack on during the day especially since i'm sitting in the library reading all day most days so a habit most of us students have is to snack on things while we read. i'm afraid, for some reason, to eat nuts cuz when i see the nutrition label and that 14+ grams of fat per serving scares me away. I know certain fats are good, but i just feel like my body will treat those fats like every other bad one- i know, that's dumb. I'm just paranoid I guess. I will definitely try to find some more protein to add to my diet once i've gone through the recipe sticky (which looks really good btw guys :) thanks!)

tomer, thanks for the well wishes! I definitely think posting a log is a great idea. It's harder to fail when you know you've got others watching you for a)inspiration and encouragement or b) to judge you lol. I figure, if I put it out there, there's no point in backing out now. While you may not want to post your pics publicly, I still think it's a good idea to take them as a motivator and also cuz it'll make a great before and after for those in your same position, to show them IT IS POSSIBLE. Anyway, back to the books I go. I'm excited to hit the gym in a few hours. :)

I am a firm believer that it takes fat to lose fat... also keeps me full and not so hungry when I low fat diet, UGH. Be wary of the saturated fat count and bad carbs, fruit, veggies (green preferably but you dont have to give up your carrots unless you're eating the bag), sweet tatos, baked potatoes (not loaded), oatmeal, etc.

Scroll down to the bottom of my 1st post here
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500578&page=1&pp=20
and check out the sample diets & clean food list to start.

Those are healthy fats, good for you. TRUST ME :)

Thanks Bunny, I guess I'll have to give in and accept some fats in my diet. It should help with the hunger cravings.

Btw, your pics look AMAZING :0. That needs to be me come 4-6 weeks lol.

Top Bottom