Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New to TRT and the forums – couple of questions and an intro

I'm getting a little lost here ... You say:

"I've stocked up on a few extra doses of various testosterone including prop and E, but under the circumstances, guess I'll just stick with the Dr.s orders until I find a baseline.
(also picked up some hgh, var, and Mast just to have for future use.)"

I don't think you'll find a Dr who will help you design a HRT stack from this cupboard of aas. Also looks like you spent a small fortune.

How about slowing down a bit and learn something about your body. The way your test results dropped says something is going on in the wrong direction.

- Make sure you are not overtraining.
- Get some extra rest for recovery each day.
- Any supplements that could be harmful? Try just a multi vit, some whey and some creatine.
- Any other prescription drugs? Recreational? Can you get them out?
- Nice balanced diet, eating maybe 4 times a day. Cut down sugar and flour products.
- Below 100 mg of added test ... maybe only 75 per week.
- Now .... cruise with this for 90 days. Then a blood test.

I like your advice Lion. I do intend to stick with the basics until I get this straightened out and get to a plateau, but wanted to get a couple of things that I had access to when I could.
(you're right. HGH especially wasn't cheap, but I hear such great things that I wanted it on the shelf for when I'm ready.)
Was hoping to be cruising along at a regular HRT program by now and try a light cycle after several months with either just increased Test or a light stack, but that will all wait now.

I'm just surprised that the supplemental test shut me down that quickly and that far and did not make up the difference since I was still on it (Testim Gel) when the 91 blood test was taken.

>>Stuff I've taken since my last blood test ... Multi Vit, Zinc, Mag, Unleashed, Gun Powder - pre-WO; Glutamine and Creatine. Whey and Muscle Milk

No other drugs except Cymbalta (SSRI) that I shouldn't have gotten on (Original Dr gave that out like candy when I described low Test symptoms but wouldn't consider HRT @ 241).
But I was on the Cymbalta for the 241 blood test 2 months ago also and from what I've read, most agree there's not an interaction.

Workouts are good. Diet is good. (see my first post in this thread.)

Thanks

Oh and as for spending a small fortune, I spent in the mid-200 dollars out of pocket for 1 month of the Testim Gel because insurance wouldn't cover it.
I wouldn't have kept that up, but that would have added up quickly.

The injections are the way to go. Never used the gel...seems like a waste to me. My Dr. started me on Test/Cyp 200 mg every 2 weeks....in his office. Insurance stoped covering so I got Rx from him and buy 2000 ml vial at Costco for $66. I get the needles/syringes from Walgreens...2 months supply for about $12. I use 18 ga to draw up and inject glute (wife's help) or quad with 1.5" 22 ga. I started about 9 months ago and am now doing the 100 mg/week injection. This seems to work for me. I tried 200 mg/week then 250 but was so GD horny all the time I felt like Chester the Molester or Aqua Lung lurking around with a boner on all the time.

My diet is getting better although it's not as clean as it could be. I am doing about 150 gr of protien daily with supplements. I try createne occasionaly but it seems to bloat me. My goals are a bit different from yours in that I am 57 and at 6-2 and 300 I was a porker. I was 31% BMI and am now at 20% and 248. My waist went from 44" to 38" in 9 months. My last blood test in September had my test at about 575....I was at 295 in February.

My weight loss is not as dramatic as much as how I have re-arranged my body...I look completely different and feel 35 again. My goal is about 235 with 12~15% BMI. I feel I can maintain that with 3 x wk in the gym w/weights and cardio along with my current Test dose.

Needless to say...the info I have gathered here from the Elite Fitness crowd has been priceless.

StraitEdge52 - Sounds like you've found the right dosage. I wish my Doc would give me that freedom, but for now it looks like 2-3 months at a time.

It looks like almost all of your weight loss was pure body fat and you managed to keep your muscle. That's pretty dramatic for 9 months!
I'll bet that does make a difference in how you look and feel.
Keep up the good work, you're most of the way there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom