Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New pics

sounds sweet..........lol but after the cudling is done, i have to move away from her, im cant sleep with someone on me, i dont know why.

Bleh... cuddling sucks...
I can barely sleep in the same bed as a girl unless I am REALLY close to them(not litterally close.. but relationship close)... I'm always to worried Im either hoggin the bed or will wake them up with my contant shifting

Keep gaining weight bro!

DrBones said:

Bleh... cuddling sucks...
I can barely sleep in the same bed as a girl unless I am REALLY close to them(not litterally close.. but relationship close)... I'm always to worried Im either hoggin the bed or will wake them up with my contant shifting

Keep gaining weight bro!

well me and joker are married, and bfold is very close........

X

What is the point in eating so much over your maintenance that you gain fat? How does fat help you lift more? I personally think bulking is way overrated. Better stay at around 10% or so and gain mostly quality muscle.

i think the 10% number is a little low for a powerlifter , but the concept is solid. The idea of "just losing the fat" isn't as simple as it sounds. Most BB will agree that its difficult to take off the fat w/o losing muscle tissue. Its one thing to suck down a few pounds to make weight for a meet , its a completely different story when you have to take off 30-40#or more.
I think conditioning is the main issue. No 295# man should have to lie on the floor after a walkout w/ 405.

BigWh1tey said:
No 295# man should have to lie on the floor after a walkout w/ 405.
I see where you are coming from BigWh1tey, but I don't think you understand me.

Yes, I'm ~295lb. So by most powerlifting standards, I should be squatting a lot more than the 405 that I walked out with. That 405 is 140% of my squat 1RM. But you see, that squat 1RM came after only 8 weeks of working out. Period.

Yes, I realize that I am very weak. But I have also only been doing this for less than four months total now. It wasn't that I worked out for a few years and then decided to try powerlifting. No. This is it.

I don't see how staying lean (or in my case, getting lean) is going to help me put up more weight. Can you explain that one to me?
...chad...

If you walked into Nazareth Barbell and said "i want to powerlift" we would have you dragging and doing other GPP movements 6 days a week. The last thing we would have you do is worry about bulking up because your coefficient is already very low. It seems that you lack the base or core strength and that would be remedied before any concerns about your BW.
My point is not that you should get leaner ( but that would be one of the results of diligent GPP work) , rather that gaining more adipose tissue (the bulk of your weight gain) will be of no benfit. A 6X day balanced meal plan very low in simple carbs totalling maybe a 200-300 Kcal in surplus would be far better.
If an experienced class 1 or 2 powerlifter said " I want to move up a weight class" my response would be very different. With 4 months in you willl hit Prs consistantly w/o significant weight gain. On a PL based program you are doing a minimum of hypertrophy work so what kind of weight have you gained? Mostly useless deconditioning body fat. "Bulking Up" is a bodybuilders game , but it only works to your benefit if you are focusing on hypertrophy.
Im not trying to down you at all, i just hate seeing someone who is dedicated waste there efforts with bad self defeating ideas. Worse , I hate seeing it get reinforced with strokes from others telling you how great it is. What will be great is when you hit good numbers.

Top Bottom