Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help with my chest!

Link80

I feel as though my chest is not where it should be. The rest of my body is growing fine bu the chest is really lagging. My diet is in check as well as my rest. I have been working my chest once a week. I do flat bench 4 sets. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set till failure. I then do incline db 4 sets same as flat bench. Then I do db flies same rep scheme as other exersicers. I usually switch flat bench w/ db bench as well as w/ incline. Any suggestions anyone? thanks a bunch

Drop the inclines and stop alternating exercises. You're not sticking to a routine long enough for it to work.

Try this for 6 weeks:

Decline Press or Dips-3x4-8 (one or the other, don't alternate)
Flye-3x8-12

Add weight or reps every week, eat a lot, watch chest grow.

Cackerot69 said:
Drop the inclines and stop alternating exercises. You're not sticking to a routine long enough for it to work.

Try this for 6 weeks:

Decline Press or Dips-3x4-8 (one or the other, don't alternate)
Flye-3x8-12

Add weight or reps every week, eat a lot, watch chest grow.

actually that might not work for everyone.....it's been my experiences to change the workout every time I go into the gym. This stimulates the muscles in different ways so they don't get used to one or two types of movement. I'm not flaming you or anything....I'm just saying that this might not be the answer.

You really shouldn't change your workout every week. Muscles cannot differentiate or "get used to" exercises, that's your nervous system. You WANT your nervous system to get used to an exercise because unless your nervous system is "used" to an exercise it can't recruit muscle fibers optimally for that movement. This is why you experience rapid progress at first, the nervous system is rather quickly optimizing to the movement, and then progress starts to slow and muscle growth is now the primary cause for the progress. So, if you switch exercises before the nervous system gets used to an exercise (takes 4-12 weeks, the more complex the movement the longer it takes), it quite simply is just not capable of recruiting and stimulating the muscles involved in the movement maximally.

Personally I would begin with Inclines, 3-4 hard sets any reps from 4-8, no need to go to failure if you get to the 8 reps your not using enough weight. Inclines make your chest appear bigger especially through a shirt b/c it sits so high. declines are a bad choice especially if you haven't developed the upper chest yet b/c you will have big saggin chest muscles. After the inclines do some dumbell presses (any kind flat incline whatever), than some flyes (any kind also).
Rep range should always be b/n 6-8, but going as low as 4 or as high as 10 is not too bad, just wouldn't get into the habit, b/c your either using too much weight or not enough

Declines won't make your chest "saggy", and incline's won't disproportionately develop the upper chest. In fact, declines/dips will put more stress on the upper chest than inclines do.

So, pffft.

Cackerot69 said:
Declines won't make your chest "saggy", and incline's won't disproportionately develop the upper chest. In fact, declines/dips will put more stress on the upper chest than inclines do.

So, pffft.

All I can say is wow!!! Where did you get your info at, seriously cause I would like to read that as well.

Cackerot69 said:

So, pffft.
Gotta agree with you Cackerott as I have personally experienced dynamic growth in the upper pecs as a relut of 3 month of using intensive declines. Ironically, my training partner just pointed this out to me during yesterdays workout :)

bigmag said:

actually that might not work for everyone.....it's been my experiences to change the workout every time I go into the gym. This stimulates the muscles in different ways so they don't get used to one or two types of movement. I'm not flaming you or anything....I'm just saying that this might not be the answer.

I agree, although there is change and there is change. For example, for chest day I'll do two press excercises and one fly excercise, and that's every week. However, the press excercises could be anything, incline, decline, or flat, db or bar. And I'll do a different fly excercise each time, cable, dbs, peck deck, whatever.

So bigmag, when you say you change your workout every time, assuming you have a certain day for each muscle group, how much do you change up? I mean do you do completely different excercises from the previous week?

Top Bottom