Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a cutting diet to go along with just cardio

machobanko

Hi I'm 22, 6-2 175-180. I don't lift, but want to lose a little body fat while cutting up. I have just began running and within a week or 2 I will be running 10-15 miles a week. I also plan on doing pushups and situps for good measure. What kind of diet should I be looking at? I have access to pretty much any food and any quantity (gotta love unlimited meal plans).
Thx
Matt

edit: Allright I realized people are just going to tell me to use the search. Say I have access to any salad ingerients, tuna , chicken etc at every meal. Should I just eat those?

Last edited:
Since you will only be doing cardio, then you don't need much carbs. You might want to try a CKD. Check out Mr. X's sticky at the top for more details on it.

OR, you could just really clean up your diet - chicken, tuna, egg whites, fibrous veggies, EFA's. If you post a daily meal plan, we can give you tips on what to improve with it.

So since he will just be doing cardio how many carbs would a person who lifts 4-5 days a week and does cardio after workouts on a cutting diet need? I take in about 180-200 grams of carbs a day. I have been doing cardio 4 days a week for 30min at a low intesity. About 400 cals per session burned. Am I taking in too may carbs? I am pretty lean other than the fact that I gaine a some flab around the waste do to bulking. I went from about 170 to 185. If you need to see my diet let me know? Thanks alot.

180-200 grams of carbs seems a bit on the high end. Post up your diet to see if anything needs to be changed. Alos, have you considered switching to HIIT instead of low intensity cardio?

Here is my diet...

6:30am - 1 scoop On protein (25g) and bowl of cheerios(22g carbs)

9:30am - 1-1.5 cup of oatmeal (29-40g carbs) 6 egg whites (24g)

12:00pm - 1 scoop On protein (25g) and chicken or steak or tuna with
a fruit(apple/orange) and a serving of vegetables usually
sting beans/broccli ect

3:45pm - Preworkout - can of tuna(35g) cup of oatmeal(20g carbs) yogurt
fruit

6:45pm - if not a Super Shake recovery drink I have either turkey burgers
chicken, or steak with rice or vegetables

Btw 9-10- 1 scoop of On protein

Hmmm, I would say that you are consuming too many carbs. Alos, you are not taking in any fats, and this is crucial for your diet.

I would change things up a bit, something like this:
6:30am - 1-1.5 cup of oatmeal (29-40g carbs) 6 egg whites (24g)

9:30am - 2 scoop On protein (25g) + 1tbsp of Flax or UDO's

12:00pm - chicken or steak or tuna with a fruit(apple/orange) and a serving of brown rice or potatoe or yams

3:45pm - Preworkout - can of tuna(35g) cup of oatmeal(20g carbs)

6:45pm - if not a Super Shake recovery drink I have either turkey burgers
chicken, or steak with vegetables + 1tbsp Flax or UDO's

Btw 9-10- 1 scoop of On protein + 1 serving of almonds/walnuts

How many calories are you eating per day?

I would say btw 2100 - 2500 depending on the day but usually in that range and If I am ever under it is probably around 2000. I was thinking of taking TRAC creatine again. I really never became really beloated on it...Would you take creatine while you were trying to burn fat? What does your diet look like when you are trying to cut?

Top Bottom