Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My transition

RyanH said:
I would bet that he began using serious logic.

Of course he began using serious logic - he used to be conservative, remember?

-Warik

i'm still conservative in some instances. i do think change is needed but gradual and not drastic. that way we all can adjust to it and it won't be too streesfull on some.

like i said, i'm still conservative just not on most political issues. i'm not far left, more of slightly left.

warik, i hope we can still be friends man. we may differ on many political issues but that should'nt stop us from being buds should it. i did'nt betray or stab anyone in the back, i just realized who i am and where i stand. now i can feel better about myself when i make my political choices. much like you do when you make yours. that's all. :)

havoc said:

Its a broad statement, quite indirect, but with common sense you too can see what I speak of.

You are all the same with respect to: Nothing a democrat can do will do anything drastic or develop change, same with a republican, nothing is going to be altered in such a manner where it really matters, you are still going to wake up, have a job, have the same issues, have the same bills, nothing will change. No matter who is in office, whether democrat or republican, everything is the same in respects to daily living. No democrat or republican runs this country. Your life will be the same no matter if democrats are in office or republicans are in office, and if you think different, you are fooling yourselves. peace

while there is much truth to this statement I'd say that there are some changes each party can make in society when it comes to Supreme Court appointments. The law affects our day to day living (abortion, search and seizure, drug legalization, etc).

Sushi X said:
warik, i hope we can still be friends man. we may differ on many political issues but that should'nt stop us from being buds should it. i did'nt betray or stab anyone in the back, i just realized who i am and where i stand. now i can feel better about myself when i make my political choices. much like you do when you make yours. that's all. :)

anyone that would use political affiliation as a criteria for friendship is a buffoon and is someone you don't want to waste your time with.

Sushi X said:
warik, i hope we can still be friends man. we may differ on many political issues but that should'nt stop us from being buds should it.

Of course we can still be friends, man. RyanH has been a lefty since the beginning and we're the best of friends... I always ask him to come over and help me out with little tasks such as fixing a radiation leak while I.. um... supervise.

-Warik

(serious now): Yeah. We sure can still be friends. You used to have roughly the same beliefs as I do - you should know that the individual is what is important and not whatever silly category he falls into. It is *I* who should be afraid of you not being my friend because I fall into the wrong category. =)

Last edited:
havoc said:

Your life will be the same no matter if democrats are in office or republicans are in office, and if you think different, you are fooling yourselves. peace

Tell that to the millions of American youth who now have easier access to college because of President Clinton. Or, tell that to the millions of African-Americans who were given their civil liberties because of President Johnson. And that Berlin Wall, it fell, in part, because of President Reagan, remember?

Both parties have their strengths and weaknesses, and the American electorate has routinely elected candidates from either party based on our present condition and which candidate was better suited for that condition. For example, many Americans believe that President Bush was much better suited for the war on terrorism that Vice-President Gore would have been. Perhaps, because Americans, over the past few decades, have felt that Republicans are better suited for foreign policy. Yet, many Americans believe that under Vice-President Gore our environment would not now be under attack. (Consider: President Clinton enacted stringent regulations protecting the environment; Bush has undone many of those---a notable distinction between the ideology of both parties and one that affects our lives. Also, consider abortion where the parties dramatically differ)

Thus, if you believe that our lives will be impacted the same, regardless of who holds office, you are ignoring not only precedent but our current condition as well.

RyanH said:
Tell that to the millions of American youth who now have easier access to college because of President Clinton.

Clinton invented academic scholarships? Wow... and I only thought he invented free rides at taxpayer expense for less-than-scholarly minorities. I guess I have him to thank too. Thanks Bill!

-Warik

yep--and Clinton wanted to limit the HOpe and lifetime learning credits--but was not allowed to.

Sushi---I am just relieved bro! I was hoping that I wasn't going to open this thread and read that you discovered that you are gay! lol

warik, thanks dawg.

hunt, that was funny. i'm lesibian, does that count? :)

i'll tell you all why i was conservative or thought i was. because i was brought up to think that way. it was always republicans good democrats bad. so i figured that was the way i was supposed to be. well, it was'nt the tests mainly but far to long i've noticed i've sat idoly by and not stated my true feelings on things. yes, i lean slightly left on most issues, and as far as my religious beliefs go i lean slightly right. i'm trying to keep my political views seperate of my religious views. but at the same time one effects the other. for instance, much of my family gives me the impression that gays should live in a box and that's it. i'm totally against it. they are people too and deserve the same respect and civil rights as those of us who are straight. gays are not inferior, they just have different sexual desires. ryan is a smart mofo, he's gay. i'm above average intelligence and i'm straight. i love to learn though and am always open to new ideas.

warik, i saw you test results, all i can say is come on in the water is fine. :)

Top Bottom