Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My training and diet log.

Took Kev through some cardio today, 15 mins on the rowing machine, 15 mins on the stationary bike and 5 mins on the treadmill 35 minutes total.

He went at a nice steady pace and worked up a decent sweat. So far his diet seems to be coming along. I've told him to read Radar's thread on eating tips.

Man Kev still doesn't understand why I'm starting him light on the bench! He can bench 120kg but can barely complete one decent rep with 80kg on the barbell row! If that's not muscular imbalance I don't know what is! I think this is a large part of the reason his shoulders hunch forward and he can barely do OHP because of poor mobility in his shoulders. He keeps saying "can't I increase it gradually!!" like he wasn't paying attention to the times I've explained he'll be increasing EVERYTHING gradually. I'll get it drummed into his head on the end!

Update. I just saw Kev bench 140kg (308 lbs) un-effing-believable! 8 weeks back he could barely push 120kg!! Only thing he's done is change his diet!!! Jeezus fcuk what is up with this guy?? If he keeps this up he will be a BEAST by the end of april, well strength wise anyway, he may still be a tubby f***er. I've always said, he's the strongest guy I e ever known and that's without training or any kind of juice/supplement he takes protein powder and L-carnitine... That's it. Hates creatine and is too religious to take drugs of any kind.

Well it doesn't matter what I say. It doesn't make any difference. All he's interested in is benching and increasing his one rep max. As if anyone gives a flying fcuk about that! I give up. I'm getting headaches trying to talk sense into him. Seriously, it's like banging my head against a wall. Let him bench. I'm just going to concentrate on my training.

Ok so, I've been thinking, Steve said 45 mins running and 45 mins weightlifting per day to keep strength up and weight down. He didn't elaborate on what kind of weightlifting. Thinking about it, there's no way a normal split would work. Push, pull, legs might work. But the weights circuits I'm doing at the moment seems to be the best idea. I won't be able to run for a while but I reckon bag work should suffice. I'm doing 32 mins at the mo' so an extra 2 goes round should bring me up to 45 mins. That's gonna be a killer and no mistake! Until I get conditioned to it that is...

Something like this.

Bag work
5 mins warm up easy pace.

1 min max effort
5 mins moderate-easy pace
1 min rest - repeat 6 times.

A few hours later

Weights - using a weight I can do 4-8 reps with.
Squat 40 reps
Bench press 25 reps
Barbell row 30 reps
Chin ups 25 reps - total 120.

1 minute burpees
30 seconds rest
1 minute squat thrusts/ alternate leg squat thrusts.

2 minutes rest

Deadlift 25 reps
Lunges 40 reps
Overhead press 30 reps
Upright row 30 reps - 125 total

What you do here is do the first exercise on the list for as many reps as you can, then move on to the next after 1-2 mins rest and do the same, keep going round until you've done the required number of reps for each exercise. Then 1 min rest before 1 min max effort burpees 30 seconds rest then 1 min max effort squat thrusts. Then back to the second part of the circuit and do the same as the first. :) when you're done shower, them give yourself a big clap in the back! :D

Had my assessment today.
BP: 128/75
HR: 60 standing.
BF: 15.2%
Max airflow: 720 L/pm

52032bcc-c631-1417.jpg

I'm happy with this. Bf has dropped nicely. HR is acceptable. Max airflow is up by 10 L/pm :)

Nulli secundus - second to none

Honi sout que mal y pense - evil be to him who evil thinks.

People usually fail when they are on the verge of success, so pay as much care to the end as the beginning: Then there will be no failure - Lao Tzu

Last edited:
Ok its been a long while sincevive updated this log. As I've been training for this transformation competition I've been updating that log.

Anyway I've got a bout on may 12th. Can't remember where, Cambridge I think. Anyway it'll be 3 rounds :) 2 mins per round. So I'm. Gonna be upping my cardio. I need to anyway for the fat loss so that fits in nicely.

As soon as I've done 1,3,1 on the bag for another 2 weeks I'll start 2,5,1 cardio where I'll do 2 mins max effort! :evil: 3 weeks before the fight I'll change it to 2,3,1 do the max effort bits will come quicker. After all that 3x2 minute rounds ought to be a doddle, even at a high work rate.

I wanna see if I'm fit enough to win all 3 rounds rather than win the first and last and skive the second round! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defeat is the stepping stone to victory.

Just finished a back WO.

Pull ups
5x5 @ BW

Barbell row
1x5 @ 45kg
1x5 @ 65kg
1x6 @ 65kg
1x8 @ 75kg (165lbs)
1x7 @ 80kg (176lbs)

Yates row
1x8 @ 70kg (154lbs)
1x8 @ 75kg (165lbs)
3x8 @ 80kg (176lbs)

The photo is not related to the workout I just did, I just thought it was pretty cool.

Coo look what I found! Had to dig a fair bit to find it but look its my old log!!!!

Ok so yesterday's WO

Squats
1x20 @ bar
1x20 @ 22.5kg
1x20 @ 40kg
1x20 @ 50kg
1x20 @ 60kg

Super setted with cleans
1x25 @ 60kg - super setted with cleans x 5 @ 75kg
1x20 @ 70kg - x5 cleans @ 75kg
2x18 @ 80kg - x5 cleans @ 75kg
1x8 @ 80kg - x5 cleans @ 75kg

OK I dare you to try 10 sets of 20 rep squats and super set the last 5 with cleans! Ok I didn't manage 20 reps on every set of squats but not from lack of trying! I fuckin PUKED after I'd finished I shit you not. Barely made it to the door before the nausea came.

Today's WO

Dips (narrow grip)
1x15 @ BW
2x10 @ BW

Dips (wiiide grip)
1x4 @ BW
3x8 @ BW
3x5 @ BW

Press ups super setted with flat bench press.
1x15 @ BW followed by 1x6 @ 80kg
1x12 @ BW followed by 1x5 @ 80kg
1x8 @ BW followed by 1x3 @ 80kg
1x10 @ BW followed by 1x4 @ 80kg
1x8 @ BW followed by 1x1 @ 80kg

Never have I had such a massive pump in my pecs! Fly presses eat your heart out!

Seriously though, I'm loving the results of these body weight exercises I'm doing, I think all too often we forget about a lot of these old school techniques and don't do em cos they're less comfortable or less impressive, I mean a press up is easy compared to a 300lbs bench press but damn is it hard to do 100 of the fuckers!

Top Bottom