Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My first vent/pissed/UGH thread..need advice..

"go to church and pray"

Maybe she could choke on a HOHO and you could pray that God gives her air.

:rolleyes:

There is NOTHING WRONG with doing things for YOURSELF. Just because you're married does not mean you're in a parasitic relationship where one feeds off the other & vice versa only. It's good to have separate interests.

God did not give us muscles, joints & tendons to merely sit on the couch & let them atrophy. The body is a temple and it deserves to be celebrated!

LIke Jens said - you have the right to find some personal time. Tell the hubby he needs time to bond w/ the kids on his own. Perfect time while you are in the gym.

And also like you noted, people around you always seem to be threatened by somethign you do above and beyond the rest of the masses who consider a 'trip out' to be a ride to the McD's drive thru. I have no idea why, but one thing about fitness (as w/ competition), it is a lifestyle, not somethigng you do 3x / week in the gym. That particularly seems to threaten people. LIke its going to require somethign of them.

Shit, my parents are freaked out by my gym time & diet and I only visit them 1-2 x /yr (they are 1500 miles away).

You got some great support here & great suggestions,. Its a hard thing to deal w/ esp when you have people ganging up on you and you are just trying to improve the quality of your life and achieve a goal that is important to you and doesn't hurt anyone else. I vote ask the hubby why he feels so threatened by it. Ask him to support you and maybe help explore some of the new ways to cook / eat (i.e. new recipes... see Recipe Thread!) And also to understand that if you do get frustrated w/ your progress or anythign about the whole process, to just listen and let you vent for a minute. People often want to provide a solution when you present a problem or frustation (esp guys) and here, there often is no quicky solution. There are LOTS of threads on here about that -- why do they not understand?? Part of it is your responsibility to learn to deal w/ the pressures, physical & mental stresses of dieting & training, scheduling & balance of it all w/ your life. But also to ask the people around you to help deal w/ it and when you do get emotional to just listen or give you some space while you cool offf & handle it.

But don't toss your goals because its inconvenient or uncomfortable for other people. It doesn't take an awful lot of work for them to accommodate you and its all good for everyone in the end.

Thanks guys...Sassy and Jen you are both 100% right....I was laughing yesterday Sassy when I reread my sig with your quote......got me moving again! It is so nice to know that I can some here and you guys really do understand my frustration and that it is real!

Now for choking on the HOHO....I think I can arrange that if I shove it down her throat

Top Bottom