Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

muscle increase while dieting

musclefattie

Is this possible if the protein is high enough, or absolutely impossible? Is the muscle increase just a percentage of your overall weight and not an "actual" increase?

Far as I know, there's no way to get stronger and lose fat all at once. It may look like you're losing fat if you're gaining muscle, but this is because you're not eating in caloric defacit, and you're gaining mass..When you gain this mass, it is going to stretch out the fat and displace it..it's not going to go away, it's just going to be thinned out, understand? That's why if you take a bodyfat test at week 1, and it reads 20%, and if you're dieting for mass gain, then 5 weeks or so later, you're going to look like you lost fat, and the test will read a lower fat %, but this is because you added more muscle, so of course your going to have a greater body area now, meaning you're going to have more of an area for the fat to collect, and have a less bodyfat%

"Far as I know, there's no way to get stronger and lose fat all at once"
you say that and then go on to talk about muscle.....they are two different things.
strength and muscles.

I have lost 4kgs in the last three weeks......but have made strength gains. dont know if this is possible but im going to look into it.

burning_inside: of course it's possible to get stronger and lose fat at once...mainly through to neural adaptations. It's even possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time although this only applies if you're a beginner....experienced trainers will find it difficult, if not impossible to gain fat/lose muscle at an appreciable rate

I believe that the best statement is made by Dan Duchaine in BodyOpus:
"You eat, you train, you loose, you gain, but you never do all these things at once."
Simply put, it's hard for anyone but the beginners to gain muscle-mass while loosing body-fat.

I would say it's a good possibility to do so with a CKD (Ketonic 5 days , Carb-Load 2 days). If fact, I've seen a lot of advanced trainees loose up to 2lb of body-fat a week while gaining .5lb of muscle without "supplements" to aid their progress.

Mr.X :cool:

dngu047 said:
burning_inside: of course it's possible to get stronger and lose fat at once...mainly through to neural adaptations. It's even possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time although this only applies if you're a beginner....experienced trainers will find it difficult, if not impossible to gain fat/lose muscle at an appreciable rate

Correct.

*Gives dngu047 a cookie*

Actually, as far as beginners losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time.....why this is possible early on and much more difficult for more experienced athletes is an interesting debate. There's not much biological/physiological basis for this claim, but empirically it seems to bear out. Any PhDs out there have any clue? I'm guessing it has to do with maintaining a certain "set" ratio of muscle mass to fat mass; under certain regular stress the body will seek to hold a genetically determined minimum muscle mass (Provided it is not starving). The adaptive value of this (for an organism is the wild) is pretty obvious. I'm wondering what the mechanisms responsible for this are....

:D

Belial said:

There's not much biological/physiological basis for this claim, but empirically it seems to bear out. Any PhDs out there have any clue?

Not a PHD, but I would say it is just because beginners are at the level of muscular development as far below their genetic ceiling as possible, as well as probably being above there bodyfat setpoint. An advanced trainee who gets very out of shape will respond like a begginer (or better) -- I can attest to this after an extended illness/hospital stay.

The mechanism behing the muscle part is likely that it is fairly easy to hypertrophy a fiber, but it does not take long for them to reach maximum size -- their is a study showing fiber sizes of bodybuilders to be the same as people training for just a few months. After that, hyperplasia is necessary for growth, and is likely more difficult.

For fat loss, if you are above your setpoint, leptin is high, making fat loss easy (it will also aid muscle gain, by keeping anabolic hormones up, even on lower calories.)

For all those that are interested, I will be attempting to do this. I think I have devised a program that will allow me to do this.

Here you can find the program I am talking about.

Since some of you are interested, I will keep weekly and daily updates of my progress. I want to find out if this will work.

Top Bottom