Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Motivation and staying motivated at the gym.

ThePatriarch

I decided to join up on the forum to learn a bit from people that have been working out for a period of time.
One question on my mind is how dose everyone stay motivated? I find myself losing motivation about 35-40 min into my workout when fatigue starts setting in even when taking pre workout supplements.
What are your tips on staying motivated during the actual workout when your body starts to give out?

Do your compounds, do heavy as weight and bust your balls. Those are most important out of all your exercises. After your compounds do your second most important exercise that should supplement the compound you just did.

After this any other exercise you do is just extra credit, but not neccesary. This is the minimalist perspective, but its the truth.

If you do what I said above you should be at around the 30 min. mark.

Do your compounds, do heavy as weight and bust your balls. Those are most important out of all your exercises. After your compounds do your second most important exercise that should supplement the compound you just did.

After this any other exercise you do is just extra credit, but not neccesary. This is the minimalist perspective, but its the truth.

If you do what I said above you should be at around the 30 min. mark.

The main issue i have is lifting for 30 min i rarely if ever feel sore from the workouts the following morning, i push till exhaustion with weights i can only lift 6-8 reps (for some workouts also doing drop sets) and the lack of sourness makes me feel like the workout was not intense enough for true muscle growth.

Soreness isn't necessarily indicative of muscle growth. Are you progressing?

Also, what exercises are you using? If you are deadlifting, squatting and bench pressing with honest effort...then there will be soreness. Thereare some body parts that certain people rarely feel soreness in. For example I rarely get sore in my biceps, hamstrings or shoulders. This can depend on the individual.

What you really need to use to gauge progress is your lifts. Log everything, in a notebook and/or on the forums here. As a beginner you should see some sort of progress at least every week or so on at least one if not all of your compound lifts.

For motivation I keep in my mind how I wanna look at the end of my current 12 program as compared to how I look now. Even when my ass is dragging that dose it for me. Might have to go a little bit slower but in the end I usually get there.

Top Bottom