Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Most Americans can no longer collect unemployment..

The problem with unemployment benefits is they only have to be applying for jobs. If they are offered one they do not have to accept it and can keep collecting. So you've got employers accepting apps from people who have no intention of actually working

How do you circumvent this though?

How do you circumvent this though?

I think if you're on unemployment and you apply for a job and are offered the job and you decline your unemployment should be revoked.

I also think people on unemployment should have to do work in their communities while they're receiving benefits.

I think if you're on unemployment and you apply for a job and are offered the job and you decline your unemployment should be revoked.

I also think people on unemployment should have to do work in their communities while they're receiving benefits.

Yes, I totally agree. Actually just wrote an article/blog about this sort of thing. I will post it.
Maybe after a certain number of applications something could be put in that lose some benefits. People are abusing the system and it has lost it's meaning to most about what it should represent.

Yes, I totally agree. Actually just wrote an article/blog about this sort of thing. I will post it.
Maybe after a certain number of applications something could be put in that they lose some benefits. People are abusing the system and it has lost it's meaning to most about what it should represent.

1) US tax rates are uncompetitive unless you offshore and lobby for tax gifts. We're not big enough to lobby for tax breaks at a materially significant level, but we're more than big enough to offshore profits and dividends. In my own self-interest, I'm getting comfortable with this as we have been mitigating our US tax exposure since tax year 2010. Our plan will be complete in 2012.

2) US regulation is ridiculous and continues to discourage businesses. I should be OK with this one too, since it hurts the little guy much more than the larger companies. Larger companies can more easily setup overseas operations.

3) US torts are ridiculous and drive up the cost of doing business -- especially the cost of US-based employees. And yet again, I should be OK with this since it hurts the little guy much more than it hurts larger companies. Larger companies have corporate council and place lawyers in key positions anyway, because often (but not always) it turns any discussion into a privileged conversation. Little guys don't have that luxury. It also makes nuisance patents other legal hurdles vastly more easy to establish -- yet another win for larger companies.
1. Valid source or your wrong information ?
The EFFECTIVE tax rate is one of the lowest in the entire industrialized World! And Every one that researches and doesn’t fucking sit and watch the talking heads knows it.
2. US regulation is a broad term. Your dittoing again. Financial regulations have ONLY decreased since the 80’s. Europe has more environmental regulation than the US and is and has not disappeared. Also, you Ignored the fact that I stated there has been NO substantial changes to EPA regulations in the past 8 years. Instead you go on about how bad they are?
3. The all horrible cost of doing business cry. Okay, please explain to me Why in this so called recession that the F500 Corporations and banks have been recording record Quarterly profits since 2009? The market just had its highest close since 2007. Oh yea, business needs more assistance and corporate welfare and lower taxes… There is NO evidence that big business’ are hurting. Squidly, your so Jaded.
Small Business - they are hurting… NOT BECAUSE OF EPA, Not Because of taxes, not because of lawsuits. If anyone thinks that they need to actually look into a new reality. Small Business’ need CUSTOMERS ! CUSTOMERS! There has been extensive research and polling done on these small business’ and the results are conclusive. They want customers. And no customers are coming. Can you answer why there are no customers? Instead of sitting there and barkng about how business needs government assistance.

there are literally TONS of jobs available right now...we will only know what "the real unemployment rate" is after all the lazy motherfuckers benefits run out and they HAVE TO go back to work...i'll bet it's a hell of a lot less than 20%.

I agree with you for the most part. Of course there are people who "buck" the system. However, I would not work for anything less than 80,000 a year, would you? Don't you have a couple of Master Degrees? I feel I paid my price by going to college then moving up the ranks by merit. Actually, for me to make less 100,000 a year is absurd, considering all the factors. If I lost my job for some bizarre reason, I would not take a menial job, this might sound like an arrogant statement, however, I feel I am beyond that scene. I think that is one component to why the unemployment rate is high. Some people have paid their dues then they lost their jobs (professionals), to tell them to work at Walmart is ridiculous... There is an "entitlement spirit" in a America, but it is not always the "lazy" people who are jacking up the unemployment rate.

Second, I aleady mentioned cyclical unemployment, which is caused by a recession, so we can shift blame on the government for that type of unemployment, which we all are anxious to do. There is something called structural unemployment: which arises from a mismatch between the skills and characteristics of workers and the requirements of jobs. When they phase out jobs in one area, people have to be trained in other areas, which can take years. I been in the education realm for years, if they phased out education, I would be truely fucked! It is all I know! All I know how to do is "teach" social studies. I been a musician for years, but what would I do, start a rock band? Hardly! There is only one Van Halen! I would have to resort to giving guitar lessons... Again, I would be truley fucked! I been into BBing for years, but in order to be a personal trainer, you need to have a degree in that field, if you want to make real money. Therefore, I would have to go back to school just to get a piece of paper, that says I am qualified to show someone how to do military presses.. Crazy! I would be able to give the professor a lesson on fitness, however, it does not matter, what counts is that piece of paper.. Costing me more time and more money! This the place some people are at in their lives. The parasites are not the total blame, they do play a big part in the grand scheme of things, but people like you and me sometimes play a role in the unemployment crisis, contrary to what that elitest Plunkey thinks, lol..

I agree with you for the most part. Of course there are people who "buck" the system. However, I would not work for anything less than 80,000 a year, would you? Don't you have a couple of Master Degrees? I feel I paid my price by going to college then moving up the ranks by merit. Actually, for me to make less 100,000 a year is absurd, considering all the factors. If I lost my job for some bizarre reason, I would not take a menial job, this might sound like an arrogant statement, however, I feel I am beyond that scene. I think that is one component to why the unemployment rate is high. Some people have paid their dues then they lost their jobs (professionals), to tell them to work at Walmart is ridiculous... There is an "entitlement spirit" in a America, but it is not always the "lazy" people who are jacking up the unemployment rate.

Second, I aleady mentioned cyclical unemployment, which is caused by a recession, so we can shift blame on the government for that type of unemployment, which we all are anxious to do. There is something called structural unemployment: which arises from a mismatch between the skills and characteristics of workers and the requirements of jobs. When they phase out jobs in one area, people have to be trained in other areas, which can take years. I been in the education realm for years, if they phased out education, I would be truely fucked! It is all I know! All I know how to do is "teach" social studies. I been a musician for years, but what would I do, start a rock band? Hardly! There is only one Van Halen! I would have to resort to giving guitar lessons... Again, I would be truley fucked! I been into BBing for years, but in order to be a personal trainer, you need to have a degree in that field, if you want to make real money. Therefore, I would have to go back to school just to get a piece of paper, that says I am qualified to show someone how to do military presses.. Crazy! I would be able to give the professor a lesson on fitness, however, it does not matter, what counts is that piece of paper.. Costing me more time and more money! This the place some people are at in their lives. The parasites are not the total blame, they do play a big part in the grand scheme of things, but people like you and me sometimes play a role in the unemployment crisis, contrary to what that elitest Plunkey thinks, lol..

well...honestly?? i'm self-employed, and during this whole economic downturn, i HAVE been making less than i was before...so, yes...i suppose i would work for less than what my wage used to be...that doesn't mean that i find it acceptable...i do all sorts of extra "mining/exploratory" (i.e., non-billable) work that will (i hope) take me back to where i was before (and beyond)...and i am currently working on a couple more forensic/investigative accounting certifications...i'm not big on sitting around waiting for shit to happen...i have 3 kids and 7 years left to pay on my mortgage...and 7 years left before the first two kids (our twins) head off to college...needless to say, i'm not sitting on my ass waiting for barry to figure this mess out.

anyone who is not willing to work into the wee hours, on a regular basis, sometimes for no additional compensation, will be a victim of the new world order...and i'm not big on being a victim either. :whatever:

Reactions: ceo
US is an absolute messed up country

Top Bottom