Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Most Americans can no longer collect unemployment..

The problem with unemployment benefits is they only have to be applying for jobs. If they are offered one they do not have to accept it and can keep collecting. So you've got employers accepting apps from people who have no intention of actually working

Bad scene indeed. I hate to think how long it's going to take, for the Gov't and the Dems to figure out that until they stop choking out the small & medium businesses with unreasonable taxes, and EPA rules, and lawsuit-promoting employment laws, forced medical coverage, and all, that it's going to continue to get worse.

Charles
BUISNESS TAXES and Corporate Taxes are lowest they've been in 40years. NO major EPA regulations have been passed in 8 years (none that effect ANY small business) except for Big Oil, natural gas and coal.
NO LAWSUIT promoting laws have been passed under bush or Obama that have choked any thing. Tort reform talk is a joke. Its a way to protect corporations from the people.
You're echoing nonsense K250
Blame the Dems for everything. like they have had control so long and are the cause for this mess.

Droid Bionic EF app

Unemployment numbers only count those in the workforce. For the ones that have stopped looking for work, they are not considered part of the unemployment data. Therefore unemployment numbers are artificially deflated because the overall pie has been made smaller.
Half right. They also account for New employment. So its slightly less deflated.

Droid Bionic EF app

Half right. They also account for New employment. So its slightly less deflated.

Droid Bionic EF app

Im talking about the unemployed who stop looking therefore removing themselves from the data that counts toward the unemployed. These people arent getting jobs and not counting toward new employment.

BUISNESS TAXES and Corporate Taxes are lowest they've been in 40years. NO major EPA regulations have been passed in 8 years (none that effect ANY small business) except for Big Oil, natural gas and coal.
NO LAWSUIT promoting laws have been passed under bush or Obama that have choked any thing. Tort reform talk is a joke. Its a way to protect corporations from the people.
Blame the Dems for everything. like they have had control so long and are the cause for this mess.

Droid Bionic EF app

1) US tax rates are uncompetitive unless you offshore and lobby for tax gifts. We're not big enough to lobby for tax breaks at a materially significant level, but we're more than big enough to offshore profits and dividends. In my own self-interest, I'm getting comfortable with this as we have been mitigating our US tax exposure since tax year 2010. Our plan will be complete in 2012.

2) US regulation is ridiculous and continues to discourage businesses. I should be OK with this one too, since it hurts the little guy much more than the larger companies. Larger companies can more easily setup overseas operations.

3) US torts are ridiculous and drive up the cost of doing business -- especially the cost of US-based employees. And yet again, I should be OK with this since it hurts the little guy much more than it hurts larger companies. Larger companies have corporate council and place lawyers in key positions anyway, because often (but not always) it turns any discussion into a privileged conversation. Little guys don't have that luxury. It also makes nuisance patents other legal hurdles vastly more easy to establish -- yet another win for larger companies.

True, it is called cyclical unemployment: caused by business cycle recession. What is the unemployment rate? I think between 8-10%. However, they do not factor in what you call "people who slipped through the cracks" (hidden unemployment) or people, who have given up trying to find a job. I would guess, "the real unemployment rate" is close to 20%.

there are literally TONS of jobs available right now...we will only know what "the real unemployment rate" is after all the lazy motherfuckers benefits run out and they HAVE TO go back to work...i'll bet it's a hell of a lot less than 20%.

The only hope they have now is insane economic growth that sweeps them back into the workforce -- and I wouldn't bet on that. We're nowhere near willing to make the changes it would take to make that happen.

I agree, I think other people are starting to think the same way.

Droid Bionic EF app

You're right on the past 8 years part, but the problem started like a fungus about 50 years ago, and should have been nipped in the bud by about 1970, and it wasn't. If we could set back the taxes and employment practices laws to 1955, and get the unions under control again, we'd see thousands of small and medium businesses getting in fist fights in the street to get leases on the vacant commercial buildings, and we'd see the unemployment office shut down for lack of business :) . (Don't get me wrong on the union thing, sometimes we need unions to stop abuses... But they're out of control, and making unreasonable demands on a daily basis nowadays).

Charles

Give all the bums oxy

Give all the bums oxy

That's well underway.

But you have to leave an allowance for Xannies too.

It's the new medicare/medicaid. Doctors are being incentivized to choose the script over the scalpel.

Top Bottom