Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Most Americans can no longer collect unemployment..

Bro, I'm going to let you in on something. Your under informed. You have no dog in the hunt. You are just a broken record for talking points.

1) 35% top rates scheduled to go to 39% are uncompetitively high. Which part of that number is throwing you off? The tens digit or the ones digit?

2) I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who knows about the "scheduled" upcoming EPA regulations. I have a sneaking suspicion that businesses actually plan for things like this before they hit.

Unions don't do that much damage -- Other than poisoning our public education system, destroying our domestic car market, crippling our airline industry, running-off domestic steel production, driving-up metropolitan construction cost and polluting our public workforce (which is entirely too large anyway). Oh yeah... and they're in the process of running the domestic jet airplane manufacturing industry outside of the US.

And why am I not surprised that you think BarryCare is all about insurance companies? Barrycare screws everyone: Hospitals, doctors, patients, insurance companies, medical companies and taxpayers.

3) Small businesses don't have customers because people don't have jobs and because even people with jobs are hunkered-down waiting for the economy to get going again. And under this regime, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

I grew up in a small business which became a medium-sized business. Then became my own small business owner. Then became a member of a very large business (GE). And now I'm back with a medium-sized business. Large businesses will always have the most flexibility in dodging taxes, regulation and torts. Small business will always have the least. And when large businesses sneeze, medium-size businesses catch a cold and small businesses get pneumonia.

I can't expect you to understand this so if all else fails, blame Bush, the banks, Israel, Wall Street, CO2, pesticides and insurance companies.

1) 35% top rates scheduled to go to 39% are uncompetitively high. Which part of that number is throwing you off? The tens digit or the ones digit?

2) I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who knows about the "scheduled" upcoming EPA regulations. I have a sneaking suspicion that businesses actually plan for things like this before they hit.

Unions don't do that much damage -- Other than poisoning our public education system, destroying our domestic car market, crippling our airline industry, running-off domestic steel production, driving-up metropolitan construction cost and polluting our public workforce (which is entirely too large anyway). Oh yeah... and they're in the process of running the domestic jet airplane manufacturing industry outside of the US.

And why am I not surprised that you think BarryCare is all about insurance companies? Barrycare screws everyone: Hospitals, doctors, patients, insurance companies, medical companies and taxpayers.

3) Small businesses don't have customers because people don't have jobs and because even people with jobs are hunkered-down waiting for the economy to get going again. And under this regime, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

I grew up in a small business which became a medium-sized business. Then became my own small business owner. Then became a member of a very large business (GE). And now I'm back with a medium-sized business. Large businesses will always have the most flexibility in dodging taxes, regulation and torts. Small business will always have the least. And when large businesses sneeze, medium-size businesses catch a cold and small businesses get pneumonia.

I can't expect you to understand this so if all else fails, blame Bush, the banks, Israel, Wall Street, CO2, pesticides and insurance companies.
1. STATUTORY VS. EFFECTIVE TAX RATES Google it. you dont know the difference. 35% is the statutory. NO corporation pays that. NoNe... Period.

Droid Bionic EF app

1. STATUTORY VS. EFFECTIVE TAX RATES Google it. you dont know the difference. 35% is the statutory. NO corporation pays that. NoNe... Period.

Droid Bionic EF app

neither do they in foreign countries where the rate is lower - that is the whole point. Google it.

neither do they in foreign countries where the rate is lower - that is the whole point. Google it.

My US based S Corporation pays 0% tax. As do all S Corporations. The us tax code isn't destructive to small business. Poor decisions and tax structures are.

We're all debating this thing, and I'm going to make one statement which is simple HARD FACTS: My wife and I operate a small business (farm) in SoCal. We gross (x) per year. We have an excellent accountant, and we are taxed at over 45% of gross... NOT NET. This includes federal, state county, city taxes, plus EPA fines & fees (unavoidable), and permits to operate, permits to possess chemicals, permits to buy red fuel for the equipment, and C.A.R.B. fees to possess tractors and heavy equipment. Those agencies are all unnecessary twittle-thumbs offices for the purpose of making "created government jobs", which are ruining MY ability to hire people. ALSO FACT: We pay $20.00 per hour for an employee who earns $10.00 per hour. In other words, if we can afford a certain number of employees now, we could hire exactly twice as many people TODAY if we did not have to pay all that employment crap. None of it is needed, IMHO.

So we can debate 'til the sun burns out about politics, but the bottom line is that I will hire more people immediately when I do not have to pay 200% of my workers' salary.

Just FYI, we are an S corp, and we haven't drawn a penny of salary in 6 years.

Charles

We're all debating this thing, and I'm going to make one statement which is simple HARD FACTS: My wife and I operate a small business (farm) in SoCal. We gross (x) per year. We have an excellent accountant, and we are taxed at over 45% of gross... NOT NET. This includes federal, state county, city taxes, plus EPA fines & fees (unavoidable), and permits to operate, permits to possess chemicals, permits to buy red fuel for the equipment, and C.A.R.B. fees to possess tractors and heavy equipment. Those agencies are all unnecessary twittle-thumbs offices for the purpose of making "created government jobs", which are ruining MY ability to hire people. ALSO FACT: We pay $20.00 per hour for an employee who earns $10.00 per hour. In other words, if we can afford a certain number of employees now, we could hire exactly twice as many people TODAY if we did not have to pay all that employment crap. None of it is needed, IMHO.

So we can debate 'til the sun burns out about politics, but the bottom line is that I will hire more people immediately when I do not have to pay 200% of my workers' salary.

Just FYI, we are an S corp, and we haven't drawn a penny of salary in 6 years.

Charles
You Dont have an excellent Accountant.
And these numbers you put up about your farm, How long has in been like that? I am willing to bet it has been years before Obama. Not to mention CA is one of the worse in taxes. And I am sure most of those Taxes are State NOT federal.

Droid Bionic EF app

You Dont have an excellent Accountant.
And these numbers you put up about your farm, How long has in been like that? I am willing to bet it has been years before Obama. Not to mention CA is one of the worse in taxes. And I am sure most of those Taxes are State NOT federal.

Droid Bionic EF app

No argument as to the fact that it's been worsening since long before Obama. He's just a puppet like the last 10 presidents. The only thing inflaming about him, versus Bush, is that at least Bush WANTED to fix the economy in an intelligent way, and Obama thinks that a money tree is growing someplace where we just can't quite see it.

The government needs to get pared down to an army/navy/air force & marines, and MAYBE a post office... Every other government entity needs to be disbanded and abolished. Then we won't need all this tax money. We didn't even need federal income tax all the way from 1776 until World War I. Furthermore, the Industrial Revolution happened before any income tax, and people like Henry Ford and other major corporate founders, were only able to build their factories full of happy workers withOUT all the government crap. The US economy grew steadily from 1620 (no thanks to England taxing our pants off for the first 150 years) when the pilgrims showed up at Plymouth Rock, until the 20th century when the government got greedy and the people got lazy. There's proof that all these social programs are bogus.

Charles

Top Bottom