Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

milk

digso

kinda curious, i haven't consulted my doctor about it. i haven't drank milk in about a year. not really sure why i stopped, i'm not lactose or anything like that. i mix my protien with water. i train hard and frequently. i haven't really noticed anything lacking in my gains, maybe just getting more ripped than i ever was. do you guys think i should start back up? how much calcium is needed anyway? i eat well and take vits and supplements.

bro i believe guys need 1000mg or 1.5g of calcium a day. Bodybuilders need more because Ca actually helps you facilitate use of protein. Or at least that was the theory a few months ago. Ca and protein are somehow related, and for optimal use you needed enough Ca. So i would say between 1g and 1.5g

You need plenty of calcium to keep your bones ,teeth and nails strong.Milk is an excellent source of both calcium and protein.The only problem i have heard about milk is that it thickens the skin but i am a little skeptical of this.

i've heard about the milk making skin smooth or some shit like that. i don't know if it's true, but back in the days weight lifters used to drink a whole lot of it, yet they were ripped. 2% is what i drink, i figure i need a little bit of fat, the amount is minimal in there anyway.

To make calcium absorption better you need some phosphorus. Milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese all have pretty even amounts of Ca and P. This helps in the absorption of Ca, more so than just taking Ca by itself. There has to be a balance between the 2 minerals for absorption. So drink up...

I definitely agree that the calcium is important. If you're not getting it through your multivitamin or from somewhere else, I'd go a head and add some skim or 1% milk to your diet.

But if you are getting that calcium from another source, I'd stay off the milk, other than skim, entirely. Even the 1 and 2% have a good amount of dairy type fat in them which I try to stay away from.

i do eat alot of yogurt (low fat), cottage cheese (before bed), take calcium tabs (400 mg) and my multivits. i know there is some calcium in salad, which i have 3/wk. i actually bought myself a small container of 1% milk today, gonna see how i feel and how my workouts go for the next 2 weeks. i'll probably be lactose for the first day or two, but that goes away.
i'll let u guys know how it goes. later.

Top Bottom