Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mike Mentzers Highintensity Training??

Topside said:
, and without changing my diet i got there. I've tried many routines without really changing my diet.

Congratulations, you have just found the first exception to the Law of Conservation of Mass! Seriously though, if you were maintaining weight on a given diet, a training program cannot cause that to increase, it's physically impossible unless you did it at the same time as a huge reduction in overall physical activity.

I'm not bashing you though I'd say the same thing to a 5X5 trainee in the same circumstance.

Protobuilder said:
they also defy the laws of physics on a regular basis.
I'm levitating as I type this.

On a somewhat related note, have the perpetrators of advance fee scams discovered HIT boards yet? Seems like a gold mine: gullibility is assured. Although I guess this assumes the HITers haven't already given all their money to Mentzer...

LMAO!

You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Cynical Simian again.

maybe we should learn about it, just so we could develop a system or book that is uses the HIIT lingo, etc.. They'd make us rich.

well i have to say i picked a good topic for sure .i wanted to thank all of you for shareing your ideas and info .i for one cant work out onec a week .i will just take some of the" hit "ideas and add them to my work outs and see what happends .i am at 240 now and pretty strong, bf% at 13 .i will post my progress in a month with full details on my routine and diet .thanks again

1968Charger said:
well i have to say i picked a good topic for sure .i wanted to thank all of you for shareing your ideas and info .i for one cant work out onec a week .i will just take some of the" hit "ideas and add them to my work outs and see what happends .i am at 240 now and pretty strong, bf% at 13 .i will post my progress in a month with full details on my routine and diet .thanks again
maybe you could read up about dogpound training instead of loosely picking from MM's junk pile of training information... there are a number of fundamental differences between DC and MM training even though they supposedly use many of the same HIT ideas... funny isn't it?

Thanx, I Have Never Head Of Dogpound Training Untill I Started This Thead! Do You Have A Link For Me :) And Thanx You Again

GSP said:
Congratulations, you have just found the first exception to the Law of Conservation of Mass! Seriously though, if you were maintaining weight on a given diet, a training program cannot cause that to increase, it's physically impossible unless you did it at the same time as a huge reduction in overall physical activity.

I'm not bashing you though I'd say the same thing to a 5X5 trainee in the same circumstance.

Well first off i said with no changes in my diet not just eating enough to maintain weight. And this law of conservation of mass which states that the mass of a system of substances is constant, regardless of the processes acting inside the system. An equivalent statement is that matter changes form, but cannot be created or destroyed. This implies that for any chemical process in a closed system, the mass of the reactants must equal the mass of the products. So i guess being able to lift weights and not put on any weight without changing diet violates this law????? Then wouldnt atrophy be void as well. And thirdly no amount of muscle is created or destroyed in this process called weightlifting. What happens when weightlifting is muscle hypertrophy, which is an increase in the size of a tissue or organ due to the enlargement of existing cells. Hmmm the size... not in the creating of new muscle fibers. So while the law of conservation of mass does apply to muscle building, the way you used in it rebutting my comment is false. So before getting all snippy you should understand some elementary definitions related to fitness.

TOPSIDE i had to read that twice lol, oh and by the way i am glade you got past 170 lbs mark i was a hard gainer untill i learn what made my body grow ,as every one is diffrent. now i will try to get past 240 lbs and keep it .the heavest weight i got to was 250lbs . 238 at the moment :)

Top Bottom