Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low carb diet question

Never had splenda, but I keep hearing that sweetners OTHER than splenda can kick you out of ketosis. Either that or citric acid. Nobody knows... oh well.

As you may have guessed my main concern is morning carbs.

Coffee. heavy creme, equal/or splenda & my eggs/omlet.

I start Monday, wish me luck.

Thanks for your responses.

Have a nice weekend!

Um, I was looking at the ingredients for some artificial sweetners, and some have friggin dextrose listed. What the fuck? thats like one of the worst sugars, and has a huge GI. I guess there isn't much of it in there, but I still found it strange.

Ok, I think I have 1 more question.

I had read somewhere that mixing proteins & carbs are bad for digestion/fat loss

So, since I'm ( starting Monday) protein/fat loading weekdays & carb loading on weekends, do you think there's anything to that?

My question is on weekends, should I just eat carbs by themself?
Any benefit at all??

Thanks again..

Haz said:
Um, I was looking at the ingredients for some artificial sweetners, and some have friggin dextrose listed. What the fuck? thats like one of the worst sugars, and has a huge GI. I guess there isn't much of it in there, but I still found it strange.

It is such a small amount that (pending you dont ingest INSANE amounts) it should be of no cause for concern. Think about it this way a packet has <1 carb so even if you use a couple packets you would only change your carb total by a negligable amount. And whether you have 30g of carbs or 32g will have no effect on your ability to lose fat but it sure as hell can make what you are eating a lot more tolerable. Dieting is restrictive and mundane enough no need to make it painful :)

nhbmark said:
Ok, I think I have 1 more question.

I had read somewhere that mixing proteins & carbs are bad for digestion/fat loss

So, since I'm ( starting Monday) protein/fat loading weekdays & carb loading on weekends, do you think there's anything to that?

My question is on weekends, should I just eat carbs by themself?
Any benefit at all??

Thanks again..

Eat carbs plus protein. Or, you can eat carbs along with fat if you're carb sensetive. On the weekends you're not looking to lose fat, you're looking to refill muscle glycogen so you have energy to lift on Mon, Tue.

Top Bottom