Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Living at home as an adult

calveless wonder said:
maybe if you were going to use that money as a downpayment on a house...might be worth being a soldier for a little bit.

not if you're going to waste it on booze, drugs and crap. what's the point of having a nice car if you fuckin live at home. i see people like that all the time, so funny

parents drive me nuts, i had to get the fuck away when i went to college.

fuck, it's really not THAT Much savings if you can find some decent roomates and a cheap place.

unless you live somewhere where housing is super expensive (NY metro area, alot of parts of cali, etc)

mhmm :(

calveless wonder said:
maybe if you were going to use that money as a downpayment on a house...might be worth being a soldier for a little bit.

not if you're going to waste it on booze, drugs and crap. what's the point of having a nice car if you fuckin live at home. i see people like that all the time, so funny...seen a dude with a roll royces phantom that lives at home with his parents. lolol

parents drive me nuts, i had to get the fuck away when i went to college.

fuck, it's really not THAT Much savings if you can find some decent roomates and a cheap place.

unless you live somewhere where housing is super expensive (NY metro area, alot of parts of cali, etc)

I agree!! Unless you are saving for a house it's a waste! I know a guy that has a AMG Mercedes, but he lives at home still!

My son will be 23 next month, I have to ask, those of you who are over 21 and employed, are you paying rent/utilities or for your own groceries or contributing to the household chores? If not, how much more money do your parents make than you do? I'm totally serious! Shit, between my husband and I we make somewhere in the 80k range, we're paying a mortgage and child support, there is NO way we could afford to support another person in this house unless they were contributing.

And if you aren't contributing anything, do your parents have servants, or are you totally sponging off of them including having a live in maid/cooking service?

I say move out. I'm 23 also, just got married. My wife is canadian and I'm moving to Canada....I'm moving out of the whole country and into another :D

Your posts bother me a little with "Nice car, designer clothes..etc..." If you do in fact buy a house with the money you saved, then it is worth it, but if you buy a freaking car and clothes and party with it, get out NOW.

I say do it for a year or two or however you feel comfortable, but have a plan. See how much you'll save after 6 months, one year etc... then PLAN on the down payment to a house. If you do that, it will be worth it. You'll forever be a home owner. Some people never "catch up" and get the down payment for a house. Her's your chance. Don't buy cars and party...

Do it. but plan wisely.

When I graduated from my second degree I moved back to the big city and wasn't making enough money to live on my own so moved in with my father, which worked out great because he was never home (went away every weekend) and we rarely saw each other. I lived there for 1.5 years and banked a lot of money and then moved out - tried to buy a place but my credit wasn't good enough.

Family is great for a temporary solution but if you're living there and instead of saving $1000 a month you're blowing it on a high car payment and booze you're an idiot. Driving an Infiniti is great but girls won't think it's so hot when you have to sneak them upstairs so that your parents won't hear them.

Top Bottom