Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Legs - No Squats........

JKurz1

Banned
I need to give my lower back a break for a little while....it's killing me, wesp. when I stand for awhile......anyone have a routine that works for them minus squats? Much thanks..............

Post up your current routine and maybe I can see something wrong with it as to why your lower back is hurting.

i personally do not think you should give up squats unless you have a major injury. Now, you should absolutely go light and do some rehab work though. have you tried front squats? they don't put hardly any pressure on the lower back IMO.

how long do you think you'll have to avoid squats?

sounds like you need a week off, some stretching, range of motion stuff, etc.

For a few leg sesions I see no problem with doing leg extensions and culs instead of squats. Try using a lighter weight and VGERY slow and controlled reps where you really squeeze and hold the weight in the contracted position. Use reps in the 12-15 range and do at least 3 sets each. Build up the burn and thrash your legs like that for a week or two before going back to the squats.

Top Bottom