Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lagging bodyparts

Nathan

My chest is way ahead of my other bodyparts. What's the best thing to do to bring my other bodyparts up to speed? I shouldn't train chest less intensely should I? Or is it a matter of improving training for other bodyparts?

I train back/bi's, chest/tri's, day off, quads/hams/calves, shoulders/traps, day off, repeat. I do about 20 sets per workout. For back and chest I do about 11 sets, for bi's and tri's I do about 9 sets, for quads I do about 8 sets, fro hams about 6, and for calves about 6, for shoulders I do 14 or so and for traps about 6 (though some shoulder exercises also work traps). My exercise routines look like:

BACK: wide-grip pullups (4 sets), deadlifts (4 sets) - started doing 'em about a month or two ago,one-armed rows (3 sets) OR T-bar rows (3 sets) OR sometimes I'll do some machine exercise instead (3 sets)

CHEST: flat, incline, or decline barbell (or dumbell) bench (2X 3-4 sets), flat or incline or decline flyes (3-4 sets)

BI'S: standing, seated, or seated incline dumbell curls (3 sets), barbell curls (3 sets), concentration curls (3 sets) OR preacher curls (3 sets)

TRI'S: skullcrushers (3 sets), pressdowns (3 sets), one-arm overhead extensions (3 sets), on occasion I substitute one of these with dips, close-grip bench, two-hand overhead extensions or something else

QUADS: free weigh squats (4 sets), leg presses (4 sets), sometimes I do leg extensions (4 sets)

HAMS: stiff-legged deads (3 sets), lying leg curls (3 sets OR seated leg curls (3 sets)

CALVES: donkey calf raises (3 sets), standing calf raises (3 sets) OR seated calf raises (3 sets)

SHOULDERS: dumbell presses (4 sets), standing barbell presses (4 sets) OR military presses (4 sets), lateral raises (3 sets) OR bent over raises (3 sets) OR front raises (3 sets)

TRAPS: dumbell shrugs (3 sets), barbell shrugs (3 sets) - just started doing 'em OR upright rows (3 sets)

Sometimes I throw in something different that I haven't mentioned but that's usually about what I do. Leg day is the worst - my legs always sting like a bitch for days afterwards.

Your training looks good bro - you might just need to put as much intensity into your other body parts as you do chest. Everyone has a best, worst, or lagging bodypart though, just be patient and continue to train.

everything looks good for the most part. Training your chest less intensily is not the key. Since the exercises you're doing look fine, there must be a problem elsewhere. Make sure you are using the heaviest weight possible while maintaining strict form. Go to positive failure on each set. WIth your back, don't forget about pulldowns. Make sure you are using the same mental intensity with each set of each exercise, my guess is you are more focused on your chest so you are working it out harder.

Always prioritze lagging bodyparts.

Train a weak bodypart early in your weekly routine and hit it first that day when you're mentally freshest and physically strongest. I used to do this with legs...always trained them on Monday while eveyone else was benching...it did wonders for me and my legs blew up. Most of it was due to the fact that I was so fesh coming off a few off days and my motivation was high early in the week.

If it is a small muscle group, you can train them more than once a week (especially if you're eating well and on AS...not that that is the answer :rolleyes: )

I've found that bodybuilding is 99% mental and this is applicable here as well. If you can mentally motivate yourself to train through the pain barrier you will achieve what you're wanting concerning weak areas. But this is much more possible if you can effectively visualize what you want to look like and use that as fuel to your training fire. Let that mental image of bigger bi's, bigger calves, or whatever pull you through the agonizing pain that is involved in totally blasting a lagging bodypart because that's the only way it will come up to par...through pain and hardwork. Again, find the mental motivation and they will come around.

It's all in your head.

Bump,

what GenetiKing said.

Train your weakest part first.

When training arms or doing any alternate side sets I always train my less dominant side first.

hardgainer (pump pump)

Top Bottom