Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ladies Post Your Training/Dieting/Cycle Questions Here And I will Help

blueta2 said:
Can I eat cake twice a day and still be cut?!

though u r joking u might be suprised at my serious answer.....yes.

i suspect quite a few wont agree with me on this but here goes. as long as u account for the calories/fats/sugars in your overall diet plan u could get away with it. i definitely think it would be much harder for a woman. many women eat less than 2000 cals a day when dieting. two pieces of cake (even small ones) will eat up a large chunk of those cals for the day. it will not leave enough "room" for proper nutritional requirements, especially if bodybuilding.

a man on the other hand would have a much easier time with this. when i diet i am in the 4500-5000 cal range at a bodyweight of 240. during the summer it is not uncommon for me to have a daily bowl of ice cream.....mmmmmmmm. i just built in a cheat item into my diet. i wasnt pre-contest or anything so i had a little more latitude. it is very important imo for the success of any long term diet to include a cheat item or meal on a somewhat frequent basis. u can view it as a reward for all the hard work u r doing and it keeps u sane.

so yes u can but depending on your caloric needs and current goals it could come at a cost. a more realistic plan would be for one piece (if cake is your weakness) every so often.

I was joking, but your post brings me to something I was going to mentioned. I had a tenant I used to work out with. This guy was HUGE and he was cut en masse!
He worked out 5 days a week for 90 mins and he ate whatever he wanted and still was cut.
On a typical Sat, he would drink 10 beers, eat two huge bags of chips and tons of pizza and crap. Of course he didn't eat like this daily, but more than once a week and yet he was still cut.
I also worked out with this super hot/cut/buff chick who was a neurosurgeon. She worked and worked out. She would run to the gym between shifts.
I asked her how she maintained a clean diet and she replied "I'm a dr and I work, work out and sleep, I have no time to worry about food. I live on cookies, pizza and whatever special they have in the hosp caf"
And man could this girl lift. She was benching over 200. Maybe she was on some juice?
She was a wholesome religious girl too

CAKE FOR EVERONE ;-)

in response to blue...

If anyone remembers pumpgirl / Melissa she very often ate taco bell

Personally processed foods bloat the hell out of me so that would never work for me.

Hi Guardian!
Thanks for your response. What do you mean by contest prep techniques, workout? I have been dividing my training split to four days, last week it was load phase meaning that weights were heavy and reps were in the range of 8-10 to failure.

As I am ectomorph, I dont do cardio on empty stomach any more, I need to always have something such a whey and glutamine. I will follow your advice on the number of shakes though.

>> u also didnt mention which format that u compete in. figure, fitness, bb?
I compete in figure and bikini

>did u carb deplete/load? if so what was that load portion like? deplete phase? how long did u do each for?
In the past yes, I carb deplete. Although it was a gradual process, the last week I did three days deplete and load on the fourth. I started loading with red meat and tortillas, then the next day with ice-cream and protein pancakes. This last day was competition day.

>water intake? did u cut/limit it 18 hours before showtime?
regarding water, I also reduce water. Few weeks early I started with distilled water, and then in the last week I limit water before showtime

velvett said:
in response to blue...

If anyone remembers pumpgirl / Melissa she very often ate taco bell

Personally processed foods bloat the hell out of me so that would never work for me.
nor me and in no way do I condone eating like crap, but to be cut doesn't always have to include a totally strict regime.
Cake is ok once and a while..haha!

I think u may like the results from a 4-5 day deplete with a 2 day load. stick with your normal bb carb sources - low glycemic carbs (oatmeal, whole weat breads/tortillas, whole wheat pasta, sweet potatoe, etc). save the high glycemic stuff for the day of the show. if during the show such as between judging sessions or during warm ups u think u look flat then munch on a couple of cookies, a bagel, or a candy bar to fill out. but by all means stick with what u r doing if it is producing great results.

one thought i had was genetics such as age, cheek structure, etc.

u got mail!

nikkita said:
>did u carb deplete/load? if so what was that load portion like? deplete phase? how long did u do each for?
In the past yes, I carb deplete. Although it was a gradual process, the last week I did three days deplete and load on the fourth. I started loading with red meat and tortillas, then the next day with ice-cream and protein pancakes. This last day was competition day.

blueta2 said:
I was joking, but your post brings me to something I was going to mentioned. I had a tenant I used to work out with. This guy was HUGE and he was cut en masse!
He worked out 5 days a week for 90 mins and he ate whatever he wanted and still was cut.
On a typical Sat, he would drink 10 beers, eat two huge bags of chips and tons of pizza and crap. Of course he didn't eat like this daily, but more than once a week and yet he was still cut.
I also worked out with this super hot/cut/buff chick who was a neurosurgeon. She worked and worked out. She would run to the gym between shifts.
I asked her how she maintained a clean diet and she replied "I'm a dr and I work, work out and sleep, I have no time to worry about food. I live on cookies, pizza and whatever special they have in the hosp caf"
And man could this girl lift. She was benching over 200. Maybe she was on some juice?
She was a wholesome religious girl too

CAKE FOR EVERONE ;-)

those damn genetic freaks

GUARDIAN said:
I am sure your nutritionist is keeping your protein extra high during dieting so the next step would be creatine, BCAA's/Glutamine, Casein.

I prefer Kre-alkalyn though many swear by CEE. I am personally skeptical about it. There was a published research article in the 50's saying it was impossible to esterfy and now there is a lawsuit against BSN claiming they didnt put CEE in their products. KA is the only creatine i have ever taken that leaves me bloat free and no upset stomach. i find it helps me off cycle to keep hard earn gains and sometimes gain a little more. it should really help to keep your reps and weight up.

BCAA's/Glutamine - invest in some bulk BCAA & L-Glutamine powder. i got 1000grams for $40 online!!!! key times to take are pwo, bedtime, and between meals (pretty much everytime....lol). speaking of PWO what supps/protein are u taking currently?

now some people can have some stomach discomfort from taking BCAA's. I personally have not. so u may have to play around with dosing if u r affected. i assume u drink a ton of water. if u drink bottled water go ahead and start mixing 2.5-5g of BCAA/Glutamine in a couple of those (one am sometime and the other in the afternoon), just to get a feel for how u react to it. when i start hadcore dieting i will supplement with as many as 4 of these in the 5-10g range. this helps keep that positive nitrogen balance and out of catabolism.

Casein protein - at bedtime or in the middle of the night if u wake up have a casein shake or some cottage cheese. this slow digesting protein will help u during your fasting period of sleep. casein can take as long as 6-8 hours to fully digest leaving u will a constant influx of protein.

I think these 3 will give u the best natural bang for your buck.

Thanks, Guardian-
I love taking glutamine and take it 3x per day.
BCAA, unfortunately it doesn't agree in my stamach. I tried quite a few and by the second day I'm miserable. I have taken it for the past two days and I have to stop.
Creatine, I will get.
Casein protein I have, but if I have to lower my calories that's the one it will go.
Thanks again...

Top Bottom