Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kickboxing Beats Sumo Wrestling

broley

Pro Bodybuilder
So if you put a world world kick-boxing champion in a ring against a world Sumo wrestling master who do you think would win? If you guessed kickboxer you'd be right. American Kickboxer Rick Roufus went up against Hawaiian sumo wrestler Akebono and, despite a 9-inch height disadvantage and weighing 252 pounds less than his opponent, Rick came out on top. This was mainly due to his tactic of peppering Akebono's legs with kicks. Akebono just couldn't pin the smaller man down and Rick, one of the U.S.'s greatest kickboxers, enjoyed a unanimous win on points. In his moment of victorious glory Rick said, "I feel like a kid again in the sandbox. It feels great to be back." (Sherdog News)

Wanna see a giant sumo wrestler getting his butt kicked by a puny kickboxer? You bet your adrenaline rush you do! Click here sportsfans: http://www.ananova.com/images/web/118417.jpg

Ok first off... Leg kicks are not allowed in Kickboxing so if Rufus "peppered" the guy with leg kicks than thats a Muay Thai tactic NOT western Kickboxing.

Second: K-1 is turning into a fucking freak show! Whut the fuck is this fat fuck doing in a K-1 ring? it is bad enought they have Bod Sapp's no-skill ass fighting but now this? They are going to ruin that league.

Big Rick Rock said:
Ok first off... Leg kicks are not allowed in Kickboxing so if Rufus "peppered" the guy with leg kicks than thats a Muay Thai tactic NOT western Kickboxing.

Second: K-1 is turning into a fucking freak show! Whut the fuck is this fat fuck doing in a K-1 ring? it is bad enought they have Bod Sapp's no-skill ass fighting but now this? They are going to ruin that league.

have u any idea what happened to Mike vs Sapp ?

rom_mem said:
have u any idea what happened to Mike vs Sapp ?

First I heard Tyson was going to take on Miko Crocop then they said Sapp, now it looks like it might not happen at all... I don't think they have any contracts signed. Why would he got to k-1 for 4mil per year when he can still make 5mil per fight?

why the fuck is akebono doing that???? what has he got to gain?

he would fare much better if he didn't have to wear gloves I reckon

doesn't look much like him

Looks like they were playing by more kickboxing rules. How about doing some sumo rules and see who wins. or how about no rules at all. Why does a sumo guy have gloves on??

Akebono is huge in Japan (no pun intended) and he wanted to fight Roufus. I don't think we'll be seeing any more of him.

Sumo wrestling is a joke. I would not be proud to beat up on one of those guys. All they do is get as fat as they can to out flabberlance the other guy. Stick roufus up against a world class free style wrestler his size and see what happens. Its all about control.

broley said:
So if you put a world world kick-boxing champion in a ring against a world Sumo wrestling master who do you think would win? If you guessed kickboxer you'd be right. American Kickboxer Rick Roufus went up against Hawaiian sumo wrestler Akebono and, despite a 9-inch height disadvantage and weighing 252 pounds less than his opponent, Rick came out on top. This was mainly due to his tactic of peppering Akebono's legs with kicks. Akebono just couldn't pin the smaller man down and Rick, one of the U.S.'s greatest kickboxers, enjoyed a unanimous win on points. In his moment of victorious glory Rick said, "I feel like a kid again in the sandbox. It feels great to be back." (Sherdog News)

Wanna see a giant sumo wrestler getting his butt kicked by a puny kickboxer? You bet your adrenaline rush you do! Click here sportsfans: http://www.ananova.com/images/web/118417.jpg

Top Bottom