Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ketosis question

blaze

Dunno if this may be a dumb question but is there a problem if you can get into ketosis too fast? I've read from other threads that it usually takes like 3 days to get in ketosis; however, i've been able to get into ketosis within a day of low carbing. For instance, on sunday I had my carb up day. I jus recently got ketosis and I checked on sunday and it said I was not in ketosis. So then I go through my low carb day and the next morning I check and I get a positive reading on the ketosix. I was under the impression that it takes quite a few days to get into ketosis. Should I be somewhat worried that I got in this quickly, or should I jus enjoy the fact that I have no problem getting into ketosis and go on losing fat? thanks

I'd venture to say that if you have a really intense workout and no carbs that day you can get in within a day.

I'm not 100% though.

Anyone?

Sure it's possible. Everybody's different, and you may have super sensitive insulin receptors, or naturally low muscle and liver glycogen stores, or any other number of factors that help you get into ketosis a lot quicker. I don't think it's anything to worry about at this stage.

The other thing to keep in mind is that ketostix only tell you what's happening in your urine. Everyone is producing ketones all the time at a low level, but if your urine is super concentrated then it could still show a positive ketostix reading. Get yourself a glucometer to double check.

You're body can store roughly 500gms carbohydrate in the cells and in the liver, thus you need to factor that into the equation as to how long you must work out to burn the carbs.

Another thing to consider

One thing to consider is how "Carb up" is your carb up day....if you are just eating carbs like a normal person or slighty more than a normal person than maybe you aren't carbing up enough. Also, part of the deal with CKD diets is that the bulk of the weight loss occurs not in the ketosis state, but coming into that state. If you look at typical TKD's the most loss occurs in the first two weeks, i.e. as the body gets into ketosis, so the idea is in a CKD you continue to experience that fast period every week.

Laters,
Snooker.

Top Bottom