Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ketogenic is making me retain water under skin?

maxb01

I'm afraid my ketogenic diet is making my lower abs look puffy retain water under the skin. I've read this can happen and the only other time I did a keto I noticed the same.

How can I sort thi out? Diuretic? (I'vo got some herbal diuretic caps) Switching to another diet (high protein, low carb, for example).

I'm having some photos taken in 1-2 weeks and I need to find a solution soon.

While I'm not sure what your diet consists of exactly it could simply be a case of higher sodium intake. I ate a lot of bacon during my CKD trials and that contains a shitload of sodium alone. Many people eat salted nuts, peanut butter, etc.. that can have a high sodium content as well. Also diet sodas have sodium. They don't have much alone, but when you drink 5-6 a day it can easily add up along with all the other sodium sources. I also found myself salting my food more during a CKD to help flavor some of the bland food.

Of course this is just a guess but you could look into it.

if you want a diuretic, eat grapes............seriously. many herbal diuretics have other stuff in them that you may not necessarily want. grapes and grape juice are supposedly the best natural diuretics out there.

Don't forget, without carbohydrates to bind with the water to be forced into the cells, water has nowhere to go but sit in the stomach/bladder until it's ready to be released in the form of urine.

It's common for keto dieters to get water bloat as the water simply has nowhere to go, and nothing to do but sit and wait to be released.

Top Bottom