Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

It's a love/hate kind of thing

figurechamp

I'm about 6 weeks out from my first BB competition, 12 weeks into dieting. And here's what I love and hate about all this crap:

1. I hate the self centeredness of this prep. Everything is scheduled around my eating, my lifting, my cardio, my tanning, my sleeping. I'm normally a very "you-centered" kind of person, in service to others. So this prep is a total personality shift for me.

2. I love the self centeredness of this prep. The focus has never been on me and that's kinda interesting to have people ask me how my training is coming along.

3. I hate that my clothes no longer fit.

4. But I love going from a size 12 to an 8. Could probably even squeeze into a 6.

5. I hate getting gawked at by total strangers when I'm wearing a tank top.

6. But I love that I am totally gonna rock a bikini this year.

7. I hate eating all the same shit everyday.

8. But I love my cheat meal on Sunday. I LIVE for that meal.

9. I hate that I'll be turning 40 the day after my competition.

10. But I love turning 40 the day after coz I'm totally gonna hog out on some much deserved birthday cake. It will be awesome!

I dunno if I'll ever do this again. I probably will do at least one or two more, just to get some use out of the small fortune I shelled out for suits, but this is tough work for someone who loves to eat dirty. The reward is small in some ways. I haven't yet convinced myself that all the sacrifice is worth it. I like having abs, but getting them is really friggin hard work. Why can't I just be genetically gifted?!?! :)

Hey FC. I love this pro's and con's list
. I think I remember Cutey mentioning a few things similar. I think because of what your saying that it's extra special that you still haven't caved that is some amazing dedication. I also can kinda relate to some parts just with lifting non comp I entered the EF 1 to get a taste for comp and also love following peeps logs to get incite I think Jen10 is doing super amazing too. After starting to knuckle down diet wise for the EF comp I think that has done me the world of good because now I don't think I would eat any different as I know begrudge putting crap into my body.
Anyway amazing job huni you can do this đź‘Ť

You won't be 40. You will be 30-10. :)

If it was easy, everyone would do it. You are awesome for doing this. You are a motivation to others! So even though you feel "self centered" about it - you are doin a service to others simply by your dedication and inspiration!

'Self-centeredness' < 'Self-disciplined' ...two different things I think. you are STRONG. and a huge inspiration to all the other girls.

by the way, this cheat meal? what is it? :)

'Self-centeredness' < 'Self-disciplined' ...two different things I think. you are STRONG. and a huge inspiration to all the other girls.

Agreed!

One thing I can't stress enough is enjoy each stage of the journey. So often in a prep we are so focused on the end goal that you lose sight of the daily, weekly and monthly progress.

I was so disappointed after my first figure show I was like 16 weeks of hell for what to spin on stage in heals? It wasn't util my first body building show that I was like I love this and I love every step of the way.

Thanks everybody! :) you all give me such a different way of looking at things. I guess it does take a lot of discipline to do this. Doesn't mean I like it though. :) and the journey? I all but forgot about that! :) but there is something to be said about that too. I remember at week two, I didn't think I'd make it. And I gave myself til the end of January-- I'd decide then if I'd follow through. Well, here it is, almost April and I'm still hangin tough!!! I'm closer to the end than I am to the beginning, and yet, I'm just getting started!

I really should get some pics posted. I usually write from my phone so uploading pics is often a pain in the ass. I must go online this weekend so you all can see how far I've come!! :)

But I do have another "hate" to add to the list. And it should've been number one...
Wtf happened to my boobs???? Omg!!! Going from a C to an A??? Talk about a major mind fuck!!! Lol!

Thanks, ladies, for helping me to keep it real. :) I really appreciate you following along.

Thanks everybody! :) you all give me such a different way of looking at things. I guess it does take a lot of discipline to do this. Doesn't mean I like it though. :) and the journey? I all but forgot about that! :) but there is something to be said about that too. I remember at week two, I didn't think I'd make it. And I gave myself til the end of January-- I'd decide then if I'd follow through. Well, here it is, almost April and I'm still hangin tough!!! I'm closer to the end than I am to the beginning, and yet, I'm just getting started!

I really should get some pics posted. I usually write from my phone so uploading pics is often a pain in the ass. I must go online this weekend so you all can see how far I've come!! :)

But I do have another "hate" to add to the list. And it should've been number one...
Wtf happened to my boobs???? Omg!!! Going from a C to an A??? Talk about a major mind fuck!!! Lol!

Thanks, ladies, for helping me to keep it real. :) I really appreciate you following along.

I went from a D to a B first show last one I was an almost A boobs are just fat you can always buy implants.

Love to see pics :)

I'm about 6 weeks out from my first BB competition, 12 weeks into dieting. And here's what I love and hate about all this crap:

1. I hate the self centeredness of this prep. Everything is scheduled around my eating, my lifting, my cardio, my tanning, my sleeping. I'm normally a very "you-centered" kind of person, in service to others. So this prep is a total personality shift for me.

2. I love the self centeredness of this prep. The focus has never been on me and that's kinda interesting to have people ask me how my training is coming along.

3. I hate that my clothes no longer fit.

4. But I love going from a size 12 to an 8. Could probably even squeeze into a 6.

5. I hate getting gawked at by total strangers when I'm wearing a tank top.

6. But I love that I am totally gonna rock a bikini this year.

7. I hate eating all the same shit everyday.

8. But I love my cheat meal on Sunday. I LIVE for that meal.

9. I hate that I'll be turning 40 the day after my competition.

10. But I love turning 40 the day after coz I'm totally gonna hog out on some much deserved birthday cake. It will be awesome!

I dunno if I'll ever do this again. I probably will do at least one or two more, just to get some use out of the small fortune I shelled out for suits, but this is tough work for someone who loves to eat dirty. The reward is small in some ways. I haven't yet convinced myself that all the sacrifice is worth it. I like having abs, but getting them is really friggin hard work. Why can't I just be genetically gifted?!?! :)
I love this post! It made me laugh, and it can serve as awesome motivation for those who need it when they need to be reminded of the goals of hard work. :)

Seriously, you're awesome. Glad to have you here, I can't wait to see how you do in your competition.

Top Bottom