Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Vista worth upgrading to or wait for Windows 7

Cool. You sure wouldn't know what to make of all the supposed Vista problems looking at these reviews-

Customer Reviews Of Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit for System Builders - OEM

It sounds like it's mostly just a lack of 64 bit software support as of yet.

eh I wouldnt worry about that.

I use XP 64 and Windows 7 x64 and haven't had any problems.

You need acrobat 9 to print to pdf from files in XP 64.

I run all kinds of engineering programs on it.

eh I wouldnt worry about that.

I use XP 64 and Windows 7 x64 and haven't had any problems.

You need acrobat 9 to print to pdf from files in XP 64.

I run all kinds of engineering programs on it.

I figure by the time I upgrade my OS 64 bit driver support will be even better. Vista sounds tempting but I'll still wait til some benchmarks come out for Windows 7.

I wouldn't install Vista, just keep running XP.

64 support??? Don't worry about that for now.

I've been on the leading edge of computers and usually you get nothing out of being a head of the curve. It's like buying a bleeding edge video card. $500 and really no software will take advantage of it for a year or so after the card comes out. Then the $500 card is now $200 and you didn't miss a thing.

I ran Win 98SE till after XP SP1 came out. 98 worked fine for me and there was zero reason to upgrade until a XP got a good up dating. The only problem I had was I wanted to buy a new video card and the new ones didn't have drivers for 98. I still have a computer running 98 to this day.

I've been on the leading edge of computers and usually you get nothing out of being a head of the curve. It's like buying a bleeding edge video card. $500 and really no software will take advantage of it for a year or so after the card comes out. Then the $500 card is now $200 and you didn't miss a thing.

I ran Win 98SE till after XP SP1 came out. 98 worked fine for me and there was zero reason to upgrade until a XP got a good up dating. The only problem I had was I wanted to buy a new video card and the new ones didn't have drivers for 98. I still have a computer running 98 to this day.

I'm still running XP and I have Vista professional sitting next to me on the shelf, got it for free. I won't even install an MS product until they release SP1. :)

I'm still running XP and I have Vista professional sitting next to me on the shelf, got it for free. I won't even install an MS product until they release SP1. :)

Actually service pack 1 is out
Customer Reviews Of Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit for System Builders - OEM

XP is a good OS though. I wouldn't replace it until it craps out on me and Vista is shown to be better all around. Right now they're about neck and neck, but Vista does require a lot more memory in general.
I'm hoping Windows 7 is a more efficient Vista.

use v-lite and slipstream SP1 into that copy of vista.

Still running a computer with 98? jesus, lol.
What do you use it for? Paper weight?

I've been running Vista for a while now, I like it.
It has loads of benefits over XP..
You don't need to stay a head of the curve, but there are benefits to keeping up with it. I can't remember exactly but I think Windows 7 is expected for this summer, although Microsoft always gets delayed so I'd expect it around Winter.

Honestly, it sounds like your computer will be able to handle Vista nicely, so you my as well upgrade and reap some benefits while you await Windows 7. :D

My 2 Cents.

Top Bottom