Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone have 4 gigs installed in 32 bit XP/Vista?

You could tell her you can take her to Vegas for a week with the money you saved by not buying Windows, MS Office and Photoshop.

Or more Mack makeup or Uggs boots.

Owwww...

(Gotta admit, apple cornered the market on dumb computer moron people of america who want stuff cute, simple and pretty).

r

I dont pay for any MS program either.

yeah, macs are for people who prefer fisher price over something cool

Yeah, because the differences between Linux and Berkley Unix are so vast.

:rolleyes:

People are showing their true knowledge of computing in this thread.

You came into this thread playing the superiority game. What'd you expect?

I prefer pc's over macs, you prefer macs over pc's. End of discussion.

You came into this thread playing the superiority game. What'd you expect?

I prefer pc's over macs, you prefer macs over pc's. End of discussion.

I think it's great that people have preferences and tastes and I've never argued they shouldn't.

I'm just always amused that people see Linux for hard-core PC users, PC's for middle of the road users and Mac's for non-computer literate people. In reality, Linux and Mac OS X are more like first cousins. You can start a Mac, go straight to the terminal application and run the thing just like a non-windowing Unix machine forever.

I don't see why a computer that *can* be run easily by a non-computer literate person is considered a negative. It would be like me saying a 45-lb Olympic bar is for pussies because it can also hold those 2.5 lb weights as well as 100lb plates.

I think it's great that people have preferences and tastes and I've never argued they shouldn't.

I'm just always amused that people see Linux for hard-core PC users, PC's for middle of the road users and Mac's for non-computer literate people. In reality, Linux and Mac OS X are more like first cousins. You can start a Mac, go straight to the terminal application and run the thing just like a non-windowing Unix machine forever.

I don't see why a computer that *can* be run easily by a non-computer literate person is considered a negative. It would be like me saying a 45-lb Olympic bar is for pussies because it can also hold those 2.5 lb weights as well as 100lb plates.

weak analogies.

But I will agree that Unix is a very robust platform. OSX being based off of Unix makes it robust as well.

What the hell would I do with a mac? I'd sooner install Ubuntu on a laptop then fiddle around with overpriced non-upgradeable hardware.

weak analogies.

But I will agree that Unix is a very robust platform. OSX being based off of Unix makes it robust as well.

What the hell would I do with a mac? I'd sooner install Ubuntu on a laptop then fiddle around with overpriced non-upgradeable hardware.

How exactly do you upgrade a laptop in the first place? Sure I've added some memory to a laptop before, but it's not like you're going to run around upgrading video cards or motherboards on one.

I run 8gb with XP 64 at home. At work 11gb on XP 64. We'll be upgrading to 8-core systems with 16gb of RAM soon here at work too.

Dude, 64 bit driver issues? Hardly anymore. If you would have asked me 3 years ago what I thought of XP 64 I would have said DONT DO IT.

Driver support is excellent anymore.

And yes, I believe 4gb is better than 2gb for 32 bit windows. It's not really wasted per say. It gets kind of complicated addressing that remaining memory. You can flip the /4gb switch - google it.

IT's a waste not having 4gb of memory. It's dirt cheap anymore! You can pick it up some places for like 20 bucks after rebate, or 35 with free shipping no rebate.

Isn't it the /3gb switch? Anyways yeah I myself am going to drop an extra gig in (for 3 total) in 32 bit XP. Even if I got 4 that last gig would just get the face palm by MMIOs/BIOS/new graphics card unless I like you mentioned, flipped the switch. There was a reason (driver issues) MS put the cap at 4 though so hell if I need anymore than that I'll just go 64 bit. By then Windows 7 will be out and I can dual boot 32/64 and I'll max out my board with RAM.

Yeah, because the differences between Linux and Berkley Unix are so vast.

:rolleyes:

People are showing their true knowledge of computing in this thread.

John Carmack is a Linux fan. Us gaming nerds are still waiting to see what his new compression engine will be like. If its any good expect Doom 4 to blow everything out of the water, and still run on your 2-3 yr old machine.

Top Bottom