Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is the 5x5 routine just for bulking?

answer this question..if you can bench press 200lbs for 10 rather easy reps..why would you want to only do 5 reps and call it a day?? Not to start an argument but weights DO NOT get you shredded..diet/cardio gets you shredded..so assuming you agree with that you will want to keep lifting heavy through your cutting diet since it will help to preserve your lbm..so yes 5x5 would be good for cutting or bulking assuming you are using heavy enough weights and constantly upping your weights each week!!

I've found it's difficult to make forward progress as far as strength goes while on 5x5 during cutting, but it at least seems to maintain strength and muscle mass. I'm not sure you can hope for much more than that when cutting....

psilo said:
I've found it's difficult to make forward progress as far as strength goes while on 5x5 during cutting, but it at least seems to maintain strength and muscle mass. I'm not sure you can hope for much more than that when cutting....
very true and obvious since we are eating below maintenance..your strength gains will be harder to come by if at all, but i would still not do a high rep routine while cutting..

personally I wouldnt when cutting
When dieting down, I prefer to do maybe 2 heavy sets to begin with, just to maintain mass, then keep the rest lighter to avoiud injury and be able to train faster

wnt2bBeast said:
very true and obvious since we are eating below maintenance..your strength gains will be harder to come by if at all, but i would still not do a high rep routine while cutting..

unless you're on gear, then well, that problem is solved.

Top Bottom