Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

okay:

1) a marathon runner burns 2,500 calories for 2 hours of running : The Olympic Sports that Burn the Most (and Least) Calories – Spry
2) well trained athletes burn around 5-12 calories per minute for high intensity exercises. That doesn't even assume they can keep it up for say an hour :
How Many Calories Do Olympic Athletes Burn? | kodjoworkout.com

so saying that 2 hours of high intensity + weights = 1600 that means you are BURNING 13 CALORIES PER MINUTE. That's even more than olympians running at full blast for 60 minutes. So yeah, i may wanna rethink your device.

another study from cal state univeristy. a full on run (10 minute mile) burns 11 calories per minute. Even if you kept that high intensity for an hour (and u don't drop dead!) you burn around 600 calories. Don't forget high intensity works off glucose not free fatty acids - so when you get "low", the aerobic system turns to muscle protein. Chances of losing muscle increases big time during high intensity & cardio (ever wonder why long distance runners are skinny with no muscle?).

So your weight lifting winds up becoming building back the muscle you're losing.

Either way, If you're "burning 1600 calories" in 2 hours - you are on the level of a spartan!

source: http://www.runnersworld.com/weight-...g-how-many-calories-will-you-burn?page=single

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22446673

btw: one more thing - this is also not taking into affect the effects of rising cortisol does on your metabolic slowdown of cutting. When you are cutting (and less <20% bf) your body is also fighting you back - high stress and intensity winds up working against you. I suggest taking it a bit 'easy' and fat loss will increase even more. If you hit a 'stall' - you'll know why.

Last edited:
okay:

1) a marathon runner burns 2,500 calories for 2 hours of running : The Olympic Sports that Burn the Most (and Least) Calories – Spry
2) well trained athletes burn around 5-12 calories per minute for high intensity exercises. That doesn't even assume they can keep it up for say an hour :
How Many Calories Do Olympic Athletes Burn? | kodjoworkout.com

so saying that 2 hours of high intensity + weights = 1600 that means you are BURNING 13 CALORIES PER MINUTE. That's even more than olympians running at full blast for 60 minutes. So yeah, i may wanna rethink your device.

another study from cal state univeristy. a full on run (10 minute mile) burns 11 calories per minute. Even if you kept that high intensity for an hour (and u don't drop dead!) you burn around 600 calories. If you're "burning 1600 calories" in 2 hours - you are on the level of a spartan!

source: http://www.runnersworld.com/weight-...g-how-many-calories-will-you-burn?page=single

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22446673

btw: this is not taking into affect the effects of rising cortisol does on your metabolic slowdown of cutting. When you are cutting (and less <20% bf) your body is also fighting you back - high stress and intensity winds up working against you. I suggest taking it a bit 'easy' and fat loss will increase even more. If you hit a 'stall' - you'll know why.

So you're saying I should be an Olympian? :)

Ordered the chest strap. Should be here today. Getting all my cals cleanly is a little harder than I expected within my feeding window.

Ordered the chest strap. Should be here today. Getting all my cals cleanly is a little harder than I expected within my feeding window.

It gets easier over time bud. Your body will adjust. If you stick to doing IF you will will be amazed in a few months at the amount of food you can put down in one sitting. It's nearly impossible for me to get full anymore it seems...lol

I have been logging my macros in myfitnesspal for 7 days now. It looks like this.
7 day average-
2200 cals daily.
Protien-52% 230g daily.
Fat-30%
Carbs-28%
Most of my carbs are from veggies and some brown/multi grain rice after workout.

So far I have gained 3 lbs.
Main goal is weightloss.
Should I let it ride for another week and see what happens?

6'2
29% bf.
Eating window is 7 hours
Cardio-bike 3 days
Heavy lifting 3 day
Resting on Sunday.

I have been logging my macros in myfitnesspal for 7 days now. It looks like this.
7 day average-
2200 cals daily.
Protien-52% 230g daily.
Fat-30%
Carbs-28%
Most of my carbs are from veggies and some brown/multi grain rice after workout.

So far I have gained 3 lbs.
Main goal is weightloss.
Should I let it ride for another week and see what happens?

6'2
29% bf.
Eating window is 7 hours
Cardio-bike 3 days
Heavy lifting 3 day
Resting on Sunday.

That is common for the first week or two on IF, since your body is adapting to the change in good intake and it also tends to cause more fluid fluctuation at first when starting.

You can gauge better how things will go in another 10 days or so.

Top Bottom