Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

If I'm doing a test e only cycle working out 5 days 2reat days should I still do thr -10 + 20?? Btw been doij if for a while love ittt.. no more broscience

Sent from my SCH-R530U using EliteFitness

If I'm doing a test e only cycle working out 5 days 2reat days should I still do thr -10 + 20?? Btw been doij if for a while love ittt.. no more broscience

Sent from my SCH-R530U using EliteFitness

Well, it really depends on your goal on what you want. Since you have so many workout days, I would go to a lower surplus of maybe +10% on those days and go for a bigger defecit on your rest days at around -30%. That would still be right around recomp range.

Does the 'recomp' idea work well with a test cycle? Or should I go more towards lean massing idea say maintenance on off days and +10 to +20 on w.o days?

I want to put on quality mass from the cycle and make the most out of it, but keep fat gains down so when I go to cut its not massive amounts of fat to get off.

Ive been doing 3 days on 1 off.

Would a recomp method be the best way to go for lean gains on cycle or something else?? Will I actually be 'burning fat' on my off days from basically calorie/carb cycling

I read through this thread about a month ago, and I must say I never really never believed in any of this stuff, but I must say Rick has some great ideas, that are backed by scientific evidence..

Does the 'recomp' idea work well with a test cycle? Or should I go more towards lean massing idea say maintenance on off days and +10 to +20 on w.o days?

Recomp works perfect, and actually even better on cycle. If recomp is your goal, it should work well. It all depends on your goal, and then adjust your diet to reflect that....with or without anabolics.

I want to put on quality mass from the cycle and make the most out of it, but keep fat gains down so when I go to cut its not massive amounts of fat to get off.

Ive been doing 3 days on 1 off.

Would a recomp method be the best way to go for lean gains on cycle or something else?? Will I actually be 'burning fat' on my off days from basically calorie/carb cycling

Yes, you have the basic premise of how the diet is setup and the way I have structured it to eat and train for your goal that day. You would basically be at a surplus on workout days with the higher carb amounts with the shift towards building that day. Your off days would be at a defecit and lower carb amounts to shift the focus towards burning fat that day.

Carb cycling is in a sense what we are doing, but it is more about eating and training for the goal that day. In my opinion, the best way to get this "best of both worlds (recomp) is to alternate the workout days and rest/cardio days, but you can still accomplish the same types of results if you shift your caloric ranges correctly.

For example, if you have more workout days than rest days....like say 5 workout days and 2 rest, then obviously you would want a much smaller surplus on workout days and a much bigger defecit on your off days to still accomplish this recomp. To recomp successfully you should add up all of your caloric totals for each day of the week and divide it by 7 to see your average daily caloric intake. You should be in the ballpark of maintenance overall. If not you should shift it more one way or the other to accommodate that.

I read through this thread about a month ago, and I must say I never really never believed in any of this stuff, but I must say Rick has some great ideas, that are backed by scientific evidence..

Thanks a lot for the support my brother. I truly appreciate it, and it means a lot coming from you!

As always, I'm always adjusting things, tweaking and manipulating as I go to find what works best. Lately I've only been doing fasts on my rest/cardio days, where I have been doing a typical 6 meal per day plan on workout days with no fasted resistance training. I've shifted my focus more to holding bodyfat the same while adding lean mass. It seems to be working very well for me so far. I'm not losing fat, but not gaining it either while getting stronger. I will have a better idea if I need to make more changes in another month or so, but I'm enjoying this setup so far.

Thanks for stopping by, my friend!

My last workout day fast breaker went like this:

Whole grain spaghetti with 97% lean ground beef
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 pieces of garlic bread
1 cup of fat free cottage cheese
1 slice of Layne Nortons cheesecake (150 cals, 20g protein, 6g carbs, 2.5g fat per slice)
2 scoops of whey with added maltodextrin and waxy maize

Another example looks like this

12 oz ribeye steak
1 cup green beans
Sweet potato
1 cup oats
2 scoops of whey with added maltodextrin and waxy maize
5 oz of flavored Greek yogurt

Cardio day fast breaking meals are always very clean and look similar to this....

14 oz grilled chicken breast (sometimes fish instead)
Steamed green veggies
5 oz plain Greek yogurt (or fat free cottage cheese)
2 scoops of whey

An alternative meal may be this

Salad with grilled chicken (10-14oz)
Fat free dressing
1/2 -3/4 cup fat free cheese
5 oz plain Greek yogurt
2 scoops of whey

RR this is awesome read! So by fasted break you mean, this your first meal upon rising. In other words, "a break from your fast"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom