Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

It has become a great diet for cutting that seems to be more lenient on your food choices while keeping a steady rate of fat loss.

This helps you maintain your sanity more and stay on target....where a lot of other diets you will have to be more strict with food choice (especially CKD, paleo, and others). Even though ypu must still hit your desired macros IF is more about nutrient timing than anything. I would have something like burgers or pizza twice per week all the way through my contest prep with IF

Yep! I also add in benefiber throughout the fasting period to eliminate all hunger. IF makes it so easy to eat whatever level of calories I want. I enjoy my cheat day though i find i don't pig out as much as I thought I would. If anything, i get full fast.

My clients love it and losing weight has never been easier. Martin Breckham should get a nobel prize.

Seems I still have some questions in order to get the full impact of this diet.
Me being 270 and 29%bf, my maintenance cals seem far to high.

Can I scale back to about 2500/workout and say 1500/cardio days.
I think I should be about
Protein 250 daily
Carbs 150/lift day and around 50 to 75/ cardio days

I'm pretty big and strong already, my main goal is fat loss.
I have already lost 40lbs since July 5th on another diet but I want something more like a lifestyle change.

Fats as low as possible.

Protein 250 daily

I have already lost 40lbs since July 5th on another diet but I want something more like a lifestyle change.

Fats as low as possible.

Not sure who you're asking. lol

Fats are good. Good fats curb hunger, so i'd choose moderate level of fat.

1500 vs 2500? Are you really burning 1000 calories at the gym? Most people way overestimate their calories burned at the gym. That's like olympian level.

If you really want to measure your daily maint levels - get a body bugg or body media fit. It'll be pretty accurate and get you a good starting point.

If you eat 2k/day i think you're doing good. 1500 is even better if you can handle it. Just give it time and keep taking pics every week - ignore the scale. IF really helps out here.

Thanks. I'm really asking anybody willing to help me out. I just came off of a 4 week juice fast. Any calorie level is fine with me. I can adapt pretty fast. If I had my nutrition mapped out I would not be asking for help. I will do whatever you guys suggest.

Protein 250 daily

Fats as low as possible.

If you are that big, I would strongly suggest not going that low on cals. As you lose weight you will have to drop cals lower and lower over the weeks to keep the fast loss continuing. However, you don't want to dip too much too soon. Its not recommended to go more than 1k cals under maintenance each day average. That comes out to 2 lbs per week fat loss. Any more than that and you will risk big losses in muscle and strength, and probably get a crashed metabolism. If that happens you are screwed because fat loss slows to a snails pace or even stops all together...

Remember slow and steady adjustments are where its at. Slow and steady wins the race ;)

Not sure who you're asking. lol

Fats are good. Good fats curb hunger, so i'd choose moderate level of fat.

1500 vs 2500? Are you really burning 1000 calories at the gym? Most people way overestimate their calories burned at the gym. That's like olympian level.

If you really want to measure your daily maint levels - get a body bugg or body media fit. It'll be pretty accurate and get you a good starting point.

If you eat 2k/day i think you're doing good. 1500 is even better if you can handle it. Just give it time and keep taking pics every week - ignore the scale. IF really helps out here.

I use the Armour39 chest strap that links to my iPhone using an app. When I wear it for a 1 hour HIIT cardio session and 1 hour of weights I've burned up to 1600 calories which takes into account my weight, age, heart rate and recovery times, etc.

Here's a pic if you're plat
View attachment 112033

I do my workouts in the morning fasted so I start my days typically 1600 calories in the hole on top of my 3500 or so for maintenance.

If you are that big, I would strongly suggest not going that low on cals. As you lose weight you will have to drop cals lower and lower over the weeks to keep the fast loss continuing. However, you don't want to dip too much too soon. Its not recommended to go more than 1k cals under maintenance each day average. That comes out to 2 lbs per week fat loss. Any more than that and you will risk big losses in muscle and strength, and probably get a crashed metabolism. If that happens you are screwed because fat loss slows to a snails pace or even stops all together...

Remember slow and steady adjustments are where its at. Slow and steady wins the race ;)

Where would you recommend I start? Workout days and cardio days?cals, protein, and carbs?

Where would you recommend I start? Workout days and cardio days?cals, protein, and carbs?

There are too many factors that determine what your intake should be for me to give you an accurate number. Thats something only you would know. You need to figure out your maintenance first. Read through this thread and it should give you an idea how to get it started and you can always adjust from there.

20-30% under maintenance on cardio days and 10% over on workout days is a start, since you really need to get your weight down.

Top Bottom