Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insulin, WTF??

PsychoSkitz

I did as George's article did and I shot 3 IU's at 8pm.

2 IU's at 10pm.

2 IUs at 12pm.

It's almost 2am now and my reading on the glucometer is only 90mg/ml. It was 109 right after my final high carb meal at 7:30.

Why the hell arent my levels at 50-60 yet? I can't shoot up again because there's no way in hell I'm staying up till 4.

Should I be in ketogenesis when I wake up? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks.

Bro, you must have had a little TOO many carbs I assume. But, usually I would reccomend starting you Insulin no later then 3:00-4:00pm. Also, you can use up to 3 IU's if 2IU's don't do the job; as long as you can feel an onset of Hypo. comma (if you feel shakes, or sweating --more than usual-->have carbs).

You also have to remember that Humulin R peaks in about 2 1/2 hours. So, that might be a problem too.

My problem was just the opposite of Psycho skitz, my reading was 55 at 10:00pm last night so i stopped using the insulin, I woke up at 9:00 am this morning did 40 minutes of cardio & when I went to take a leak I used the strip & nothing not even a trace of ketones, wtf happened?:eek: :eek:

You can be in Ketosis without a reading on the Ketosix strip. Remember, your blood can contain the Ketones while your urine will not show a reading. Also, some people can be in Ketosis a whole 5 days without showing a reading on the Ketosix strip. Why? well, because some people use up their ketones very efficiently and, as a result, do not show readings on the strip. Plus, some people do not enter Ketosis until 12 hours after last shot, in turn, if your last shot was at 9 pm then you might not enter Ketosis until 9-11am next morning.

Last edited:
Un-fucking-believable!!

I must have very high natural blood glucose levels.

3 IUs at 8pm.

2 IUs at 10pm.

2 IUs at 12pm.

Woke and still had a high level, so....

3 IUs at 730am.

3 IUs at 10am.

I did another reading at 12 noon..87 mg/dl !!! I used ketostix too to make sure the meter isnt broke and nothing.

I just shot another 3 IUs.

Is this possible? Can my body be immune to insulin?

Bro, you cannot be immune to insulin. Just relax, you'll get it down. A problem might be that your insulin is bad...when did you buy the bottle? are you keeping it cool? and in the dark?

Picked it up on Saturday from CVS and it's been in the fridge ever since. Expiration of 2003.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

it takes me about 24h to get a positive reading on the ketostix. i would start out at 4iu humulin r, 2h later 3, another 2h later 2. last shot would be at 9 pm. at 11 pm right before going to bed i would take 850mg metformin. upon waking up another metformin. early afternoon i would do 1h of intensive aerobics which will put me right into ketosis.

Top Bottom