Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insulin, WTF??

Hmmmm interesting Texas Guy. That would be a neat thing to measure as you are correct that high blood ketones plus low blood glucose=ketosis unquestionably (Unless you're diabetic in which case the blood glucose may also be high). How much did this gizmo cost?

Great thread!!! I am thinking of using slin for ketosis too. Could anyone explain exactly how to inject insulin. I know it is supposed to be injected into the stomach but should it be injected into fat or muscle???

Hey MS, Apparently, this meter just came out earlier this year. It is the MediSense Precision Xtra, made by Abbott Labs. It sells for $73. However, the ketone test strips are $32 for 8. Really expensive, but accurate and definitive.

Right now I'm in the midst of a TKD experiment. I'm taking blood glucose and urine ketone levels every 30 minutes to see how ketosis is affected by 50 grams of maltodextrin 60 min. before a workout.

Okay..I laid off the Insulin this week and will hit it up next week.

Yesterday my meals were as follows:

Breakfast- 5 strips of bacon.
Lunch- 3 slices of bologna.
Snack- 5 slices of bologna.
Dinner- a nice piece of baked salmon.
Post Workout- Carb Solutions bar.

I also had 4 tbsps of Flax and a tbsp of Canola Oil.

I hit the gym and started off with 15 minutes of cardio and then did chest and back. I usually do cardio on my off days but figured it could only HELP to bring me into ketogenesis faster. My thinking is that working out after cardio will exhaust me more and help deplete more glycogen.

Is this looking better or am I still eating incorrectly?

Top Bottom