Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insulin, WTF??

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY-> MORONS AND IDIOTS SHOULD NOT USE INSULIN, BECAUSE IT CAN BE DEADLY!!!!
(your insulin should be fine)
Here is a sample use of insulin:

Sun:
3pm..have carbo powder + whey protein(considering this is day 2 of your carb-up)..."take" 3 IU's insulin, 1 hour later, take reading on meter, and have 1/2 of the carbo powder + whey protein you had last time and "take" 3 IU's. 2 hours later take reading-> you should be about 100...take 2 1/2- 3 IU's...2 hours later take reading....
if about 80-90 then take 3IU's
if about 70-80 take 2IU's
2 hours later take reading...and go from there
2 IU's, every 2- 2 1/2 hours until you hit 50-65 on the glucometer

Thanks guys.

I knew a "Hey idiot, Insulin is lethal" post was coming :D

Is it possible that I can still be at 88mg/dl after all this insulin?

It is possible that your body is partly 'immune' to insulin. It's a very common western condition called insulin insensitivity. High fat actually worstens this condition in the short term, though in the long term it will improve your sensitivity. Have you ever tried a fasting glucose challenge? Might be a good idea because if you're insensitive to insulin you may not get great results with a CKD (with or without insulin). Metformin or ALA may help, as will exercise.

Yes, that is a possibility, but a VERY small one. Just go with the flow (you will get into ketosis, no matter what the Ketosix reads), and I personally recommend no more than 15 IU's total in order to achieve ketosis.
Mr.X

Here are some things that come to mind:

1.) What were your last couple of meals yesterday before you started your insulin?

Hopefully they were liquid/high GI meals. Kind of low-moderate calorieated. The reason being that your body will use up these quick GI carbs faster than whole protein and fats. You should not have eaten any solid proteins, carbs, or fats because this will slow down gastric emptying. Thus, it will take longer for your body to digest the foods, and it will take longer to get into ketosis. This is a VERY mislooked mistake that MOST people make when stopping their carb-up before trying to deplete blood glucose/glycogen levels. I can't stress this enough. I am not saying you did, but I would like to make a point to all those reading this, DO NOT EAT ANY FATS, WHOLE PROTEIN (or casein), OR LOW GI CARBS FOR YOUR LAST COUPLE OF MEALS OF THE CARB_UP!!! NO CHICKEN, BEEF, PEANUT BUTTER, FATS/OILS, MEATS, OR LOW GI CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. After your last Carb meal, did you have any "keto" meals? In other words, did you have a fat/protein meals after your last carb meal yesterday?

I highly recommend that when you have your last high GI carb/protein meal (glucose/whey), that this be your last meal of the night. I do not eat another meal until after I do my morning cardio on Monday (the next day). The reason being is the same as in #1 above.

3. The same as what MS said. But, it IS strange that after taking all the insulin you used, with no carbs eaten, that it would not be a little lower. I don't know.

MR. BMJ

At around 2:30-3:00 I had ribs, french fries and 2 slices of pizza (mmm, carb up :D

Then at 7:30 I had a big bowl of frosted flakes with milk, leading up to the first injection at 8pm.

Was the 2:30-3:00 meal the reason?

The 2:30 meal was definately a big mistake. Whether or not it is the problem directly, I don't know. BUT, it definately didn't help. All the foods in this meal take a long time to digest. Your body could have still been trying to digest all the carbs from this meal for many of hours.

The 7:30pm meal didn't help either. You should have stopped your carb meals by 6:00 if your first injection was at 8pm. You should have had a high GI carb source with whey (mixed in water). You could have even went with no protein and a small high GI carb meal. The GI of milk is very low, and the casein stays in the gut for long periods of time. If you had any undigested carbs from your 2:30 meal along with the slow GI carbs from this meal, then there is no telling how long it would have been until you would have started to drop blood glucose levels.

MR. BMJ

The last 3 meals of my carb-up/day before I get into ketosis looks like this:

2:00pm
8oz Ultra Fuel and 10-20 grams of whey protein in water.

4:00pm
Same as 2:00 meal

6:00pm
Same as 2:00 meal.

Any meals before these 3 meals are easy digesting meals too, but they are usually not liquids, and are a little lower GI.

MR. BMJ

Okay, thanks.

Next week I'll change up my meal planning and hopefully everything will work out.

Thanks for all the help in this thread guys!

:)

I was just at Walgreen's and there was a glucometer that also would read ketone in the whole blood. It would seem that even if no ketones are in the urine, there should be ketones in the blood if you are in ketosis. Has anyone tried that brand of glucometer and ran the ketone blood test?

Top Bottom