Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Injury of some sort, any ideas?

Elusus

ok, this is a long story, and I'm gonna try to put in as many details..

It was my Pull day, I deadlifted 5x3 at 300lbs, which was a PR for me that day.. stretched out, and about 20mins after my post workout stetching out, my Knee started to hurt, there was no visible swelling and it started to hurt 'inside?'.. also when I was working out I didn't notice anything unusual with my knee..I assume I got it from deadlifting, anyway, I iced it, took ibprofen and stuff.. it bothered me for about a week, my ROM was always fine it just hurt, I went to a doctor, she gave me some wrap and the pain went away...while my knee was hurting, I had spasms in my quads...they only lasted a day or two and i didn't think much of them... a week or two later when my knee is feeling all normal, my quads were feeling really tight, I was going down some stairs, and I felt something 'funny' in my quad on the side where I hurt my knee.. there was no pain or anything and I was able to walk as normal...

my quads were feeling tight still after that.. and a few days after I had my squat day, NOW, I was significantly weaker on my squat day... like my 1rm was 40% less, and I realized my right quad is significantly weaker.. (I squated before it got weaker and after my knee hurt at one point, and everything was normal)... Now I've been physically active recently, everything has been fine but my quad is simply weaker.. comes into trouble for sprints and rapidly changing direction in sports..

I'm going to see a doctor in November when I go home from college, but any ideas what this may be? I've been swimming lately which I hear is good for recovery..

thanks for any insite in advance.

Can you describe the location of the pain around the knee again?

By chance...is it about 2-3" below the knee and to the left?

B True

nah, It actually felt 'inside the knee', if that makes any sense, the thing is now, my knee feels perfectly fine, its just I think I might I have torn or strained my quads, which somehow was made easy by whatever I injured in my knee?, perhaps my quads had to compensate for my injuried knee and were overworked, which let it to get damaged by going down the stairs, that this point.. my quads/knee feel fight, just my quads feel tight sometimes, and my quads are weaker

Top Bottom