Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm f!"#¤% frustrated

It's nice to see all these helpfull replies :)

My current workout routine is like this:

10 minute warmup (bicycling)

(I believe the weights range somewhere between 45-65 1RM, I do have 1-2 warmup sets on the compound movements)

day1:

Situps: 3x30
Hyperbackextension: 3x15
Squat: 5-6x5-8
Benchpress(Close grip): 6x5-8
Stifflegged Deadlift: 5x5-6
Tri-set:
DB shoulderpress(sitting): 3x8
Good mornings: 3x8
Lying tricep extension w/EZ bar: 3x8

Day2:

Situps: 3x20
Hyperbackextension: 3x12
Squat: 5-6x5-8 (the weights are somewhere between 45-60 1RM)
Tri-set(the triset method is used for the 4 last sets of the benchpress and the incline benchpress)
Benchpress: 5x5-8
Incline benchpress: 5-6x5-6
Barbell rows: 4x8
Preacher/bicep curl: 4x8

Deadlift: 6x5-6
Standing shoulder press: 5x5-6

Day3:

Situps: 3x20
Hyperbackextensions: 3x25
Squat: 6x6-8
Benchpress(medium grip): 5-6x5-8
Deadlift(wide grip): 6x5-6
Tri-set:
Good mornings: 3x8
Dips: 3x8
Pullups: 3x6

I have one day rest between each day, It's on these rest days that i do the/those 40 minutes of bicycling.

My diet varies but i believe it to be very clean, But I'm surely open for suggestions for improvement.

My diet consist of: Tuna, cottage cheese, protein powder, shrimps, salmon, cod, chicken, low fat soft cheese, basa, trout, eggs, olive/sunflower/canola oil, flax seeds, wholegrain rice, rolled oats(i haven't found steelcut one's), raspberries, strawberries, broccoli, spinach, soy sauce and water(not that it has any calories or anything..).

It's mostly been tuna, cottage cheese, protein powder, shrimps, salmon, trout, oils, chicken and some: oats, raspberries, flax seeds, low fat soft cheese, wholegrain rice, spinach, broccoli and soy sauce lately.

I stay between 0-18 g sugars, coming from raspberries/soft cheese/cottage cheese/kli mostly, each day.
Fiber is 3-35 g each day depending on if i use kli or not.
Saturated fats is between 9-25 g per day.
Sodium is 490-590 mg each day, I've added some soy sauce to my diet due to not having enough sodium in the diet. (I found out that the daily minimu was 500 mg).
Cholesterol intake is 115-400 mg.

I also count and measure all my intake. I try to keep track of the calories i burn too, But it's not as easy as counting the intake. But i try to.

I do take a fatty acid supplement and some multi vitamins.

I kind of want to cut more bodyfat, But I'm starting to get to a very low weight which i don't like much. All i want is to progress as fast and best as possible towards becoming a bodybuilder.

I like to learn and help others, But I'm not very confident when it comes to teaching others what i know/read/have heard etc. I'm just saying that i really like to learn about exercise, nutrition and other subjects evolving exercise/strength training/fitness/bodybuilding.

Balboa29: Maybe i should mention that i gained 25-30 kg between summer 2009 and summer 2010. I have also grown 8 cm since that time. I was mentally unstable and had the wrong view on things, food was among those things, which led to me becoming severely underweight. But I'm much better now, Both mentally and physically. I don't believe that my genetics have me doomed as scrowny and small.

Let me know if i forgot anything.

Thank you all for the great introduction and for replying :)

Last edited:
On the motivational side of things, being able to persevere through frustrating times with little or no progress is one of the things that bodybuilding is all about. If you get frustrated and quit, then it will have been all for nothing and you'll never get to the point where your routine IS working. You aren't just gaining nothing, you're developing your ability to stick to a routine without having to use willpower, which is a HUGE asset to have. Forget about genetics and shit like that, its nothing that you have any control over. Your course of action is always going to remain the same: Keep tweaking your program until you start to see forward progress, then tweak some more! Frustration is the number one killer of bodybuilders.

Hey mate, I understand how you feel. I used to be 62kg at 5'10". But I kicked it's ass, now 81kg, still not huge but a big improvement. Check out Vince Delmonte's program for hard gainers, it helped me. It's called No Nonsense Muscle Building. And no I don't work for him,

Hey man I know how you feel. At 18 I was 9.5 stone. I'm now 20 and I'm only around 10.5 which is about 65kg same as you. I've just started my first Propper bulk though so good luck to YOu mate I hope we both get to were we want to be!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

SL's split workout below. also anything using body weight is a waste. start adding weight to those situps and hyperextensions. doing endless reps is just a cardio workout. and u need to be doing more than 46-65% of your 1rm. i do the 5x5 linked below. the point of the 5x5 is to add more weight every week till you can no longer add weights to any of your lifts, then you take a deload week and start over. i do it so that my 5RM max is hit on week 4, after adding 5-10 pounds per lift every week as explained in the link. then you keep going for as many weeks as you can adding weight each week till you plateau on all ur lifts. really does work great. usually get a few weeks past my original 5RM every time

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/weight-training-weight-lifting/ultimate-training-split-650464.html

i personally am currently using the first routine on this link bill star 5x5 power routine. it is working great for me. the link fully explains everything.

Bill Starr 5x5 - Starting Strength Wiki

Hey mate, I understand how you feel. I used to be 62kg at 5'10". But I kicked it's ass, now 81kg, still not huge but a big improvement. Check out Vince Delmonte's program for hard gainers, it helped me. It's called No Nonsense Muscle Building. And no I don't work for him,

Thank you for your reply and your advice.

How did you gain those pounds without gaining too much fat? How long time did you use to gain the pounds?

It took me about 15 months to get to 81kg, but I gained over 10 kg in the first 6 months, my weight went up very quickly. I did gain some fat but also a lot of muscle and strength. I could never put on weight until I started really eating A LOT. Try starting by doubling everything you eat and don't worry too much about putting on some fat at first, you can cut fat later which is what I'm doing now....

GOMAD

Gallon of milk a day

Work up to a gallon of whole milk everyday on top of your normal diet.

Lol

I don't drink milk all that much. If I was 140 pounds and in need of some mass this is what I would do though.

Top Bottom