Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm f!"#¤% frustrated

FrexFlax

Hello fellow ironmen and women. I just signed up as you may see. I'm looking for some information and maybe end up getting better results than i have so far.

I'm very frustrated about mt progress. I have been working out for 2 years and i don't really have anything to show for. I have always been dedicated and been very consistent with my diet.

Looking back a year from now, my weight was 62-65 kg, And today i weigh 63. This makes me ashamed of myself. What the hell is wrong with me?! Why can't i progress?

I was suggested that i should bulk after last summer, And i did for 4 months. The reason i stopped was that i wasn't very impressed by the results it gave me. The bulk wasn't very ...good. I gained about 4 kg fat and 0.5-1 kg muscle i believe. I did a bodycomposition scan in june 2010 which said that i had 61.8 kg fat free mass and 2.3 kg fat mass, And now in march, another scanner(older etc), said 62.4 fat free mass and 10.1 kg fat mass.

So in early april i decided that i should get rid of the fat and started cutting back on my calories, I started at a very low deficit and i could see -SOME- small results(a more visible vein), But nothing really noticable. I did that until may(16th may), As i was getting no more results from the calorie deificit i had, I cut back more (from 2700-2500 to 1800 ). I now have a loss of 4 kg's since April 30th.

What i really want is to become a top bodybuilder. But i am far from that the way i am now. I'm trying but i don't know if am doing the right things. It could be that i am very picky and have some problems regarding food, But i do whatever i need to get to where want. I just need to know WTF i need to do!

My age is 18 and I'm 63 kg(140 pounds) on 175 cm(5 '9).

I have a list of how i have been eating if anyone is interested.

My macronutrient intake have been somewhat like this:

Date: KCAL/C/P/F

01/04/2011 : 3346/122.4 g/454.6 g/85.5 g
25/04/2011: 3009/57.6 g/430.5 g/73.8 g
01/05/2011: 2773/53.2/430.9/58.6
25/05/2011: 1795/37.0/235.0 g/51.5 g

My carbohydrates have been as low as 1.9 g but it usually was somewhere between 2-50 g

Regarding my workout experience, In January 2009 i started working out twice a week with a 'wimpy' program as i would say myself, it basicly consisted of benchpress, leg extension, leg curl, lat pulleys, bicep curls and situps. I then did that for 1 year i believe. I then asked the trainers at my gym for some changes since i didn't see much progress really. They just added some more chest and some shoulders. This was at the time where i did the first bodyscan, So they also gave me a little help with my diet. I started eating 800-1300 calories more since i was kind of on a cutting diet when i was trying to gain muscle mass. It worked pretty well, I didn't see any gains in either muscle or fat really. I then got told that i should start doing more compound movements(Squats, deadlifts, barbell rows) which i started doing after the summer of 2010. I have been doing this now and i am still stuck at where i was one year ago.

doing 1-2 40 minute bicycling sessions per week since late april. I've noticed the low carbohydrate intake as i have been kind of slow at times with little energy.

Well, I thought i'd just try to ..get something out, Somewhat a rant with an ask for some help.

Thank you for your time, FrexFlax.

I always encourage everyone to persue there dreams. And I hope one day you prove me wrong. But genetics play a huge roll in bb. Unfortunetely I don't think if your 140lbs and been training for two years, I would say you don't have the genetics to one day be pro.

I hear great things about the 5x5 workout. Plus eat lots of food.

Also, your carbs are low. Start eating more healthy carbs too

take ur genetics and stick it in a hat, and go fuck that hat balboa lol. they can be a bitch but when ur ready there are always ways to get around genetically retarded ppl. ur current routine and diet needs to be posted bro, so we can pickup apart and fix it. there are many misconceptions out there that ppl still believe. u could be one of them. u do seem actually somewhat educated for an 18 yr old (oxymoron? lol) understanding macros and whatnot. now id say ur first goal is to start eating like a normal person. u cant eat 1300 cals a day or whatever u wrote. adjust your diet for the meantime to 40% protein/carbs and 20% healthy fats. protein intake should be a minimum of 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. repeat : minimum. minimize salts/sugars/grease/garbage and anything that god didnt make. here is a good diet guide for starters by one of the good mods around here

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...-build-muscle-loose-fat-then-read-712503.html

you want to get big, then dont worry about calories just eat. eat big and clean. for training start off with rippetoes 5x5 for now.i dont have a link so u gotta google it. its very very basic, but a great starter. it focuses on basic compound movements. when you get comfortable with this after a couple months and are noticing good strength gains you can always add to it or post back in the workout forum and get help, or a new workout altogether. but u can do alot with this. after you do the actual program u can add in a bb curl on let say the A workout, on bench day start doing some tricep and chest isolations. on overhead press day add in some shoulder isos. etc. master the basics and start adding or move onto say bill star 5x5 or something else u find u like. i am a large fan of the 5x5s tho. they are great for strength and size. after workout start doing fascia stretching

DC Extreme Stretches

this stretches the muscle lining i believe and allows the muscle to grow, kind of like having ur hand in a metal gauntlet. it will never grow if something is restricting it. but start with that info. post diet/routine when have time. and kill the compound movements. squats and deadlifts are where its at boi

you don't think genetics play into being a top bodybuilder, come on man where have you been

actually dont minimize the bad shit like sugars and salts, eliminate them. also start with your basics like a good multi vitamin, vit c helps recovery, krill oil for your joints, i also take a gram of cayanne every day. good for digestion and blood circulation. u could take creatine for muscle energy but i never use it and dont find it to be that important. also dont cut and bulk at the same time. its much harder. first get big. build muscle mass and lots of it. then when u are big. worry about cutting afterwards. but if u do eat right and workout hard u wont become a fat piece of crap. u just might not be as cut as u want to be. but then again your young and your metabolism is prolly thru the roof still

ok, well he said hent wanted to be a top bodybuilder. at 140, i don't see it. yes he can put on some good weight no doubt. so you can take that and put it in a hat and lol

i understand his goal is to be the best there is, not the 42 best. so firstly im trying not to crush his dream. but at 18 i was about 5 pounds heavier than him, and althoug my training and dieting were retardly wrong i couldnt get passed that, whether it be fat or muscle. im not 18 anymore and im nowhere near 140. could i have been a pro bber with proper everything if thats what i wanted. no damn idea. my undoing would be discipline. but i dont see whynot. i wouldnt be arnold at 19 years old. but i refuse to believe he was all natural. unless he started weights at 6 years old

Last edited:
i had to edit that to say i wouldnt be arnold at 19, just incase u noticed i wrote that. i think its possible he could prove u wrong if he start doing things right from now on. although i believe even with good genetics it will still be hard to be a top bber. all i can say is frex work hard, start dieting and training right and you never know what can happen. if arnold didnt diet correct or workout properly he wouldnt be were he was. so start now

Top Bottom