Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you had the choice between....

Yep most of you are missing the point i think. I said supremely fit. Very athletic. Not just your average gym buff fit. The average person who works out in the gym is not what i would consider supremely fit or athletic. Most just train to look nice. Bodybuilders too are generally not fit.

I'm talking about the choice between being a superb athlete (i.e. excellent endurance, power, strength, agility, balance etc) or just being perceived as very good looking by the general population but being ok (even though this may still be above the average fatty) as an athlete.

jd_uk said:
Yep most of you are missing the point i think. I said supremely fit. Very athletic. Not just your average gym buff fit. The average person who works out in the gym is not what i would consider supremely fit or athletic. Most just train to look nice. Bodybuilders too are generally not fit.

I'm talking about the choice between being a superb athlete (i.e. excellent endurance, power, strength, agility, balance etc) or just being perceived as very good looking by the general population but being ok (even though this may still be above the average fatty) as an athlete.

Nah... I heard you loud and clear.

All I have to say is - Corey Everson, Rachael McClish, Monica Brandt, Gladys Portuguese, etc, etc, etc...

Dorian Yates is the first guy that comes to mind. You think he had trouble gettin nani? You wanna talk about butt-FREAKING-ugly...

My original comment remains the same, ever hear the word "Buttah Face" applied to a man?

BIKINIMOM said:
Nah... I heard you loud and clear.

All I have to say is - Corey Everson, Rachael McClish, Monica Brandt, Gladys Portuguese, etc, etc, etc...

Dorian Yates is the first guy that comes to mind. You think he had trouble gettin nani? You wanna talk about butt-FREAKING-ugly...

My original comment remains the same, ever hear the word "Buttah Face" applied to a man?

You may apparently be hearing me clear but i aint got a clue what you're trying to say. Are you calling those people that you mention supremely fit and athletic? e.g Dorian Yates? If so we might have very different definitions.

Also i can't say i've ever called anyone 'buttah face' or heard it been said much....i've heard plenty of women say a man has an ugly face if that's what you mean.

Are you sure you're not completely missing the point of this!!!? What's your answer anyway?

btw don't answer within your 24 hour lying period as you're difficult enough to decode already.

jd_uk said:
You may apparently be hearing me clear but i aint got a clue what you're trying to say. Are you calling those people that you mention supremely fit and athletic? e.g Dorian Yates? If so we might have very different definitions.

Also i can't say i've ever called anyone 'buttah face' or heard it been said much....i've heard plenty of women say a man has an ugly face if that's what you mean.

Are you sure you're not completely missing the point of this!!!? What's your answer anyway?

btw don't answer within your 24 hour lying period as you're difficult enough to decode already.

LOL The lying is contained to THAT thread.

You asked me a question and I was answering the best way I knew how, though admittedly I used extreme examples. Many people look at indiviuals like Monica Brandt (a FITNESS competitor) and might feel that she is *the pinnacle of fitness*. Ever seen a top-ranking fitness competitor that was butt ass fucking ugly in the face? But for men, no one gives a fat rat's ass... They can be butt FUCKING ugly and they are no less popular. I dont know much about sports, period so the only examples that came to mind were bodybuilders.

You asked would I prefer to be overall *pretty* (meaning I am thinking like a model or some such) or have an ugly face but a tight hard fit body. Did you not?

For a man, the answer will not be the same as his popularity with either gender wont really make all that much of a difference based on how handsome he is in the face. But for a woman you better believe it does.

Hence, the expression BUTTAH FACE = chick with a tight ass body but looking like she got hit square in the face with the ugly SHOVEL.

BIKINIMOM said:
LOL The lying is contained to THAT thread.

You asked me a question and I was answering the best way I knew how, though admittedly I used extreme examples. Many people look at indiviuals like Monica Brandt (a FITNESS competitor) and might feel that she is *the pinnacle of fitness*. Ever seen a top-ranking fitness competitor that was butt ass fucking ugly in the face? But for men, no one gives a fat rat's ass... They can be butt FUCKING ugly and they are no less popular. I dont know much about sports, period so the only examples that came to mind were bodybuilders.

I did point out that imo most bodybuilders aren't very fit. BB's train for muscle size and look alone...they are strong but not the strongest or most powerful and most are too big to be considered paricularly fit in my opinion. A BB trying to run 15k in decent time would be painful to watch. Everyone does have a different definition of fitness though i suppose.

BIKINIMOM said:
You asked would I prefer to be overall *pretty* (meaning I am thinking like a model or some such) or have an ugly face but a tight hard fit body. Did you not?

No i didn't. What i was trying to ask was whether or not you would prefer to look good (according to the general population) OR to be very physcially capable (i.e. nothing to do with how your body looks). Again most bodybuilders have hard bodies but are in actual fact not very fit.

Thanks for your answer though. Personally i'd much rather be an amazing athlete than be considered 'good looking' if i had to choose between the two. The point of this thread is to explore people's definitions of what is 'fit' and whether they are would sacrifice their health for good looks (like a lot of BB's do).

jd_uk said:
I did point out that imo most bodybuilders aren't very fit. BB's train for muscle size and look alone...they are strong but not the strongest or most powerful and most are too big to be considered paricularly fit in my opinion. A BB trying to run 15k in decent time would be painful to watch. Everyone does have a different definition of fitness though i suppose.

No i didn't. What i was trying to ask was whether or not you would prefer to look good (according to the general population) OR to be very physcially capable (i.e. nothing to do with how your body looks). Again most bodybuilders have hard bodies but are in actual fact not very fit.

Thanks for your answer though. Personally i'd much rather be an amazing athlete than be considered 'good looking' if i had to choose between the two. The point of this thread is to explore people's definitions of what is 'fit' and whether they are would sacrifice their health for good looks (like a lot of BB's do).

I totally misunderstood. But I would venture to guess that given the way I understood the question MOST MEN would say they would take the physique and ugly face where MOST WOMEN (matter of fact I think ALL WOMEN) would take the nice body and pretty face.

To answer your original question though -

Would I rather have a nice body or a functional physique then? I would take the functional physique. There are many people who have nice bodies but very few who have won olympic gold (for example) in comparison.

Top Bottom