Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I think I messed up my back.

JoNeS

I was doing heavy than normal dumbell front raises for the shoulders. To compensate for the weight I was moving more than I should have been. During the 5th rep while lifting my right arm, I felt an extremely sharp pain on the right side of my back between like a 10 inch area from my upper middle right trap to my mid right trap. *Not the part of the traps that are up by your shoulders, but the part of the traps that extend down to your mid back.

Well like an idiot I finished out the set and did another 5 reps. Then continued the rest of my workout for 45 mins even though there was pain depending on my body position. Today that spot I mentioned earlier is in alot of pain when I turn my trunk to both the left and the right sides.

But it feels fine when I have normal posture and I can move my arms in all directions with no pain. Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of what happened, and what I should do?... because I have never really had pain/strain in the weight room that hurts as bad as this does.

If it's muscular, follow the advice above.

If it's not muscular, GET IMMEDIATE, AND DIVERSE DIAGNOSIS!!!

You are a young guy like I once was, and believe me! You don't want the problems I have now! I'm not 40 yet and I feel like I'm 75 in the morning cause of my back.

DO NOT fuck with your back. Even if it costs you a year or two of training.

Ever seen old people toast to good health and no lower back pain? There's a reason for it.

parkerjones said:
I was doing heavy than normal dumbell front raises for the shoulders. To compensate for the weight I was moving more than I should have been. During the 5th rep while lifting my right arm, I felt an extremely sharp pain on the right side of my back between like a 10 inch area from my upper middle right trap to my mid right trap. *Not the part of the traps that are up by your shoulders, but the part of the traps that extend down to your mid back.

Well like an idiot I finished out the set and did another 5 reps. Then continued the rest of my workout for 45 mins even though there was pain depending on my body position. Today that spot I mentioned earlier is in alot of pain when I turn my trunk to both the left and the right sides.

But it feels fine when I have normal posture and I can move my arms in all directions with no pain. Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of what happened, and what I should do?... because I have never really had pain/strain in the weight room that hurts as bad as this does.

Sounds kinda similar to what I did.....check out my journal 3rd and 4th entry down:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315324&page=6&pp=10

Sus had an explanation of what it was. I used a ben gay patch for like 3 days and kept any workout that involved my middle traps (i.e. high rowing motions) to a minimum, and was all good in no time. Take it easy, use heat, if the pain persisits past 3 or 4 days, you may want to go check it out.

had that before. rhomboids stabilize the scapula, with front raises your scapula wing out, rhomboids pull them back in. you could have strained them.
RhomboidsHalf.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom