Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I CANNOT do low carbs!!!!!

alexiarenee

For some reason, I can't do more than a day on low carbs...
Low carbs for me meaning, 1st meal maybe oatmeal, and the rest protein with green veggies.....
I tried to do the carb rotation thing, but could do no more than 1 day low carb before I craved something bad sooooooo much that I gave in!
I do fine with maybe at least 2 of 5 meals with carbs....anything less than that and I can't hang!!
It sucks because I hear the carb rotation works really well...but I cant stick to it!!!! I can stick to a moderate carb diet forever..
Anyone else have this prob or any advice???????

I had a VERY difficult time adjusting to a low carb diet....but I just asked for as much support as I could from the people around me and dug my heels in until my body adjusted.

Now I am having a hard time ADDING carbs...

The beauty of carb rotation is that you don't have to stick to a low carb diet EVERY DAY...you get a couple of days to ease up and maintain your sanity!

You do need carbs to function! They aren't entirely evil! Unless you are trying to get into ketosis, I think you can eat a little more than just oatmeal and green beans on a daily basis! Maybe for your low carb days....

Try to stick with it long enough to let your body adjust and after a little while it won't be such an effort anymore. I PROMISE!!

VDL

Try cutting back your carbs slowly...at first, I tried eating only a bowl of oatmeal in the morning ...at around 9pm I was walking to the fridge b/c I felt so weak and nearly passed out cold....then I decided that I NEEDED more carbs..you gotta listen to your body and adjust it to your needs...what works for one, may not work for the other...when I low carb - I CANNOT go lower than 60 grams and function properly....I mostly stick to no carbs after 5 or 6 - instead of going low every 2nd or 3rd day - its just what works best for me...its all about trial and error..good luck :)

I must be a freak. :worried:

I've been keeping my carbs under 20mg for two weeks (Keto Diet) and I finally feel normal and well, not to mention I can finally sleep though the night.

it could be that your low-carb frustration is actually because you're not getting enough protein in your diet. Carbs are more filling and satisfying in the SHORT term, but within a few hours of eating they tend to exacerbate the cravings for more. Also, they only fill you up for a short space of time. Proteins fill you up for much longer and don't tend to cause such a craving frenzy. So instead of adding in more carbs you could try adding in more protein first. 6 meals a day, at least 4 of which are protein, should squash even the most enthusiastic of carb-cravings.

Also, when you do have carbs try to stick to complex carbs because they have a slow-release effect on insulin and keep you satisfied for longer. Bananas, for example, are a good source of complex carbs, and unprocessed bran is better than brand-name oatmeal.

carbs are really not that bad everyone! u need carbs to function properly,,,,carbs keep your muscles hard,,,,u will be suprised what little carb can do for u

Like others have said, it's a matter of willpower. Ask yourself why you're doing low carbs in the first place. Is it because you're cutting? Did you develop a food intolerence? Do carbs do funny things to your mind? Or all of the above? And when you feel a craving coming on, ask yourself why you're craving carbs. Is your blood sugar low? Do you just want the "sweet" taste in your mouth? Do you need a pick-me-up?

Answer these questions for yourself, and when you have a craving, repeatedly remind yourself of the answers. (If you're craving carbs because your blood sugar is low, by the way, you may want to eat lower-GI carbs with larger amounts of protein to slow digestion.)

I've been low-carbing (<60 grams/day) for three years now, and even though it was hard at first to downshift from potatoes and bananas, if I have more than 40 grams in a sitting now, I feel physically ill. The body is amazingly adept at adapting to whatever you throw at it, but you're never going to lower your median carb intake unless you make a habit of it.

Make a hash of chopped mushrooms, kale and unprocessed bran with some "season all" it is like turkey stuffing and can cure carb cravings.

-Susan

Top Bottom