Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I am out of competition for at least a year.

Quad, man that is terrible that this happened to you. It is even crummer that frequently companies send out defective products that they know that say 1 in 1000 will break and cause an injury. Then 1 of 4-5 of those will sue them. It is actually cheaper for them to pay off those that do sue that to check each product on its way out the door.

What you need to find is an attorney that specialized in products liability, or at least does it as a significant part of their practice. Have them assess your situation. If the ladder was defective the you have a claim against them manufacturing defect. By the way, products liability is one of the few areas where the law imposes strict liability. Meaning you dont have to show negligence or fault on the basis of the company, just the defect and that it caused your injury. Then when you do sue, you name the company that made the ladder, the guy that sold it to you and everyone in between. They are all liable.

I am not saying this to be litigious, but dang bro, you got seriously injured and now are going to be dealing with the consequences for a while. You just need to make sure they do what is right.

JuicePimp said:
Quad, man that is terrible that this happened to you. It is even crummer that frequently companies send out defective products that they know that say 1 in 1000 will break and cause an injury. Then 1 of 4-5 of those will sue them. It is actually cheaper for them to pay off those that do sue that to check each product on its way out the door.

What you need to find is an attorney that specialized in products liability, or at least does it as a significant part of their practice. Have them assess your situation. If the ladder was defective the you have a claim against them manufacturing defect. By the way, products liability is one of the few areas where the law imposes strict liability. Meaning you dont have to show negligence or fault on the basis of the company, just the defect and that it caused your injury. Then when you do sue, you name the company that made the ladder, the guy that sold it to you and everyone in between. They are all liable.

I am not saying this to be litigious, but dang bro, you got seriously injured and now are going to be dealing with the consequences for a while. You just need to make sure they do what is right.
I agree 100%! Thanks!

Quad

There are more lawsuits per year against ladder companies in the US than any other industry. Sue the fuckers, theyre used to it.

Good luck on the diagnosis Quad, and speedy recovery.

[
Quadsweep said:
thanks all! I think I may have a lawsuit. I am not the sueing type but shit I can not even work for at least two weeks and if it is a defect...well, what would you do?

Quad

Def get a good personal injury lawyer that has won product related PI suits. My father was recently a professional witness in a case that involved a wood ladder. It broke and left the victum partually paralized. (My father has a masters degree in Forestry.) It sounds like your ladder might have been something other then wood. When you interview your potential lawyers, ask them how they would structure you case, what professional witnesses they would use, and how many years have they practiced. A good contingency settlement split would be:

%30 - lawyer %70 - you This is if it does not go to court.
%40 - lawyer %60 - you This is if it does go to court.

All professional and filing fees should be paid by your lawyer. (No out of pocket or out of your %60 0r %70 settlement amount!)

I am currenly 6 months into a PI suit. My, then pregnant wife, was rear- ended while she was stopped at a stop light. The lady that hit her was doing 40-50 MPH and never even hit her brakes.

We where able to save our baby. She is doing fine. My wife will be in physical therapy for years and will probably suffer from back, neck and wrist problems for the rest of her life.

We suspect the lady that hit her was on her cell phone. My lawyer is getting a court order to get her cell phone records. It will be easy enough to prove the time correlation but it does not matter all that much - she already has addmitted fault and paid for our wrecked car. The rest of the case is all PI.

Good luck to you Quadsweep. Please let me know if I can help out in any way or if you have any questions I may be able to answer, give me a shout!

Top Bottom