Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hrt at 22yrs due to liver cirrhosis.

ninjarider1987

Hey guys.

My testosterone levels are pretty low and estradiol elevated to due to liver cirrhosis (got hep c @ birth from mom- former cocaine abuser). Anyways, As a consequence of the decreased liver function, my estradiol is high and free testosterone low.

I always said I wasn't going to do anything until my levels dropped below normal, and now they have, free testosterone anyways.

Levels in December 2009

Total test- 738 (range 250-1100)
Free T- 54.5 (range 46-224)
Bioavailable T- 114.5 (range 110-575)
SHBG 68 (range 7-49)
FSH 5.1 (range 1.6-8)
LH 8.5 (range 1.5-9.3)
Prolactin 9.0 (range 2-18)
Estradiol- 42 (range 20-47)

Now my levels from September 18 2010

Total T - 460
Free T- 34.4 (range 46-224)
Bioavailable T- 72.3 (range 110-575)
SHBG- 63
Estradiol- 41 (range 20-47)

The elevated SHBG and Estradiol are due to compromised liver function, and I suppose they are the cause of the low free T as well.

I have been to an endocrinologist, my hepatologist, and GP and all have offered Testosterone therapy, but are clueless about it. I know that what I need is to control my estrogen and SHBG, but none will prescribe aromatase inhibitors due to possible hepatotoxicity.

Anyways, I have talked to my hepatologist and GP and they are willing to try Testosterone Enanthate injections starting at 100mg EOW. I know this is a really dismal amount, but it's hard to work with doctors that don't know much about the subject.

My concerns are long-term consequences of HPTA shutdown (which will get worse as my liver gets worse anyways)not that i'm sure 100mg eow will lead to shutdown, and the consequences of possibly even more estradiol (since liver can't detoxify it well). I don't want to be infertile in 10 years, not sure if that's a valid concern or not.

I doubt 100mg eow will do much of anything. I am getting ZERO help from doctors, so if anyone could chime in I would appreciate it. It's a pain having to deal with hormonal issues at such a young age.

Top Bottom